·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One more ;)

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
Very nice! I'm going to use one of these photos for my gtc, going to fool all those bastards ;)

·
У Борщин
1,204 Posts
Pavlo i suggest you edit your post if you do... if they come searching through the forum for the one you are using they will find it ;)... if you want me to edit my post after you edit yours just pm me :tongue2:

That town/city looks amazing :eek:kay:... whats the population?

I find it really funny how you were speaking of a place with 300,000 as a town... things are certainly different in Ukraine. Where I live there are a bit less than 200,000 and we are considered a city. Simply amazing... can't wait for my trip after university :D

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
It's Czortkow, founded by Jerzy Czortkowski and in 1522 was granted city rights by King Zygmunt II. Town was an estate of Potocki family and later Sadowski family.

Town has:

Potocki family castle
Paintings from Golski and Sadowski family collection
Carmelitan church from 1635
Palace of count Borkowska
Dominican church from 1731
Ruins of Golski family castle

Also the town was famous for a great defense against several armies in 1655 (deluge of Poland), after Kamieniec Podolski fell to the turks Czortkow defended Lwow against the Turks as well.

During Soviet occupation of eastern Poland NKVD killed 1000 Poles in Czorkow and in 1944 an uprising against Soviet occupation took place.

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ukrainian cities and towns: [Чортків][Chortkiv]

Невелике містечко в Тернопільскій області.

·
СМЕРТЬ
3,102 Posts
WOW!!!!!
SUPERB - How Could I miss this one EVER??

Дякую Станіславе!

Ахх... «Красо України Поділля...»

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Та мені за що...

Коли повернусь на батьківщину треба буде поїздити по західній Україні. Крім як в Чернівцях, ніде там ще не був.

·
СМЕРТЬ
3,102 Posts
Га?
Ти не був у Львові?

Хм..
Я був у Львові 3 рази, Кам'янці-Подільському 2 чи 3 рази, у Хусті (Закарпатська обл.) раз, Почаїв (1 чи 2 рази) ;)

·
СМЕРТЬ
3,102 Posts
To me the beauty of the modern church dwindles in comparison to the nordic-like gothic architecture and Ukrainian Barocco architecture - the combination is WOW.

Big warm KUDOS to this beautiful gem of a small cosy town!!!

·
Banned
6,396 Posts
І це все одне містечко?! Я вражений! Пам"яток у маленькому містечку більше, ніж у більшості українських обласних центрів!!!

·
Banned
6,396 Posts
Ага. Готичний собор цей був би доречним і в центрі Києва! Вражає!

·
Banned
6,396 Posts
Просто Швейцарія:)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts