SkyscraperCity banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Pollachi is going to celebrate the 100th year (Centenary) of the formation of municipality.
Lot of expectations (Including formation of Pollachi district) for the Pollachi region needs to be fulfilled.

View attachment 697294
CM visiting coimbatore in next 10 days to inaugurate avinashi road flyover. Since election is approaching, we may expect more for kongu region.

·
Kandeeban
1,290 Posts
Looks like you dont have any update about TN districts bifurcations happening for last one year. I suggest you to read all bifurcation like Tirunelveli, Nagapattinum, Villupuram, Vellore, Kanchepuram districts before commenting on this thread.

Chennai metro area now has 4 districts. Anything happened to Chennai as you are fearing. NO.

This is ingorance at its best. Just becasue this thread is closed no one can stop how the govt will act on the demands.

There are some proverbs available in Tamil...
Who is denying that other districts have been bifurcated?
On one hand we clamor for bifurcation of non-descript towns into separate districts and on the other hand, we try to desperately bring in other districts for metro projects, since they naturally fall out of administration memory the moment they are separated out.

Hasnt chennai lost out to bangalore? all that is also partially because of projecting lesser population after bifurcation. Bangalore on one hand increased its limits by occupying rural areas around it, and we on the other hand are keen on splitting larger ones to smaller ones and still hoping to remain in the public memory as an important city

Back around 10 years ago, Cbe was in the list of top 15 indian cities because its the district GDP , including tiruppur, that counted.. not so anymore..

Go, take a walk; Keep your tamil proverbs to thyself, exalted honorable esteemed sire.

·
Registered
10,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Back around 10 years ago, Cbe was in the list of top 15 indian cities because its the district GDP , including tiruppur, that counted.. not so anymore..
You can go backwards and live in 1970s too. Not only Tiruppur, but add Erode district too with Coimbatore district. GDP will be still higher. Start a campaign. Start a thread.

·
Registered
342 Posts
On one hand we clamor for bifurcation of non-descript towns into separate districts and on the other hand, we try to desperately bring in other districts for metro projects, since they naturally fall out of administration memory the moment they are separated out.
Metro train projects in India are not restricted within any district or state. Take for instance, Delhi Metro is not restricted to Delhi state alone as we all know the Delhi metro route also lies in the neighboring state of Uttar Pradesh and Haryana. The same logic applies to Chennai Metro, the Metro route connects the neighboring districts.

Since you mentioned about "non-descript towns" I would like to mention this as a response to you.. Coimbatore district should have equal growth in all the regions, it should not be concentrated on a particular congested concrete urban area which is still lacking proper ring roads, it have narrow city roads, lack of metro train connectivity, etc.

At least, the administration should try to bridge the gap in the growth imbalance in the other parts of Coimbatore district. Still, the people / patients from Valparai, Anaimalai, Pollachi, Kinathukaduvu, Udumalai & Madathukulam taluks are taken to Coimbatore GH and other private hospitals for emergency & complicated treatments. On a daily basis, hundreds of people are affected due to the lack of advanced medical facilities in their own region and many death occur due to the delay in getting the advanced medical facilities. Don't the people from the above mentioned 6 taluks deserve a government super speciality hospital (for treating all types of medical cases) and medical college at the time when Tamilnadu state government carved out 6 new districts in last 2 years and announced around 10 medical colleges recently ?
If the state government has a policy of constructing new medical colleges in districts which don't have a Govt. medical college, we (people from the above 6 taluks) won't have a medical college with hospital at all as Coimbatore already have Government medical colleges. Just think about the misery of people from Valparai region in reaching Coimbatore hospitals. The same can be said regarding government educational institutes. For example, if Coimbatore city have 5 Government medical / Polytechnic / Engineering / Arts colleges, then atleast provide one of them in the southern parts of Coimbatore district which has four taluks. The above are just the tip of the iceberg.. There are many reasons for demanding separate Pollachi district.

So far, when Coimbatore gets new train / flight connectivity, infrastructure projects, government institutions, etc we normally consider like as if our hometown is getting those new developments and we feel happy about it. By posting these type of comments discrediting the genuine demand for new Pollachi district and the Pollachi town, I think we have to change thinking in that way and we also need to be stronger in our demand for separate Pollachi district. I don't want everyone to accept the demand for Pollachi district. But, when you oppose to the demand, you should mind the language.

·
cbe admirer
1,016 Posts
Metro train projects in India are not restricted within any district or state. Take for instance, Delhi Metro is not restricted to Delhi state alone as we all know the Delhi metro route also lies in the neighboring state of Uttar Pradesh and Haryana. The same logic applies to Chennai Metro, the Metro route connects the neighboring districts.

Since you mentioned about "non-descript towns" I would like to mention this as a response to you.. Coimbatore district should have equal growth in all the regions, it should not be concentrated on a particular congested concrete urban area which is still lacking proper ring roads, it have narrow city roads, lack of metro train connectivity, etc.

At least, the administration should try to bridge the gap in the growth imbalance in the other parts of Coimbatore district. Still, the people / patients from Valparai, Anaimalai, Pollachi, Kinathukaduvu, Udumalai & Madathukulam taluks are taken to Coimbatore GH and other private hospitals for emergency & complicated treatments. On a daily basis, hundreds of people are affected due to the lack of advanced medical facilities in their own region and many death occur due to the delay in getting the advanced medical facilities. Don't the people from the above mentioned 6 taluks deserve a government super speciality hospital (for treating all types of medical cases) and medical college at the time when Tamilnadu state government carved out 6 new districts in last 2 years and announced around 10 medical colleges recently ?
If the state government has a policy of constructing new medical colleges in districts which don't have a Govt. medical college, we (people from the above 6 taluks) won't have a medical college with hospital at all as Coimbatore already have Government medical colleges. Just think about the misery of people from Valparai region in reaching Coimbatore hospitals. The same can be said regarding government educational institutes. For example, if Coimbatore city have 5 Government medical / Polytechnic / Engineering / Arts colleges, then atleast provide one of them in the southern parts of Coimbatore district which has four taluks. The above are just the tip of the iceberg.. There are many reasons for demanding separate Pollachi district.

So far, when Coimbatore gets new train / flight connectivity, infrastructure projects, government institutions, etc we normally consider like as if our hometown is getting those new developments and we feel happy about it. By posting these type of comments discrediting the genuine demand for new Pollachi district and the Pollachi town, I think we have to change thinking in that way and we also need to be stronger in our demand for separate Pollachi district. I don't want everyone to accept the demand for Pollachi district. But, when you oppose to the demand, you should mind the language.
I endorse your view regarding plight of people with regards on their access to amenities and other infrastructure ..particular to hilly and remote areas of valparai etc

·
Native
34 Posts
I endorse your view regarding plight of people with regards on their access to amenities and other infrastructure ..particular to hilly and remote areas of valparai etc
Being from Tirupur, i remember the travel i have to make to Chennai for applying for passport.
I am not sure, if people in Tirupur needs to Coimbatore now for the same pupose. But this type of services needs to be provided in all the districts.
If the district size is too big , then it needs to get bifurcated further.

To some extent, it applies to the state also. As of now, kongu districts are getting raw end and all concentration only on Chennai capitol region as for as state govt is concerned.

·
Native
34 Posts

Hasnt chennai lost out to bangalore? all that is also partially because of projecting lesser population after bifurcation. Bangalore on one hand increased its limits by occupying rural areas around it, and we on the other hand are keen on splitting larger ones to smaller ones and still hoping to remain in the public memory as an important city

Go, take a walk; Keep your tamil proverbs to thyself, exalted honorable esteemed sire.
But what had Tiruppur got by being with cbe? Tiruppur people would have felt that, using their numbers coimbatore is getting all the govt facilities and services from colleges and hospitals etc

·
Registered
6 Posts

I am following this site for quite long time and I always notice one person who always praises Bangalore and put other cities back. Not sure if it is you or someone. But he needs more clarity.

Remember, I am a Bangalore resident for more than 1 and half decade and I think I am the better person to explain.

No doubt that the Bangalore had grown as one of the best cities in India, but at what cost? Cost of other towns, villages and cities in Karnataka.

TN got sustainable model and there's no doubt in it. Whoever had ruled in the past and present, they made sure that there are not much disparities in facilities between cities and towns compared to other states and that's why we stand top as a state even after we lost so many projects to our northern neighbor and still as a state we will stand top.

Annachis from south to Kongu People from West and many others from outside of Chennai rules the entire TN with their business. If you wanted to prove it to yourself, Just watch commercials in any channels and google their origins. 40% are from Kongu, 30% from other parts of TN and 20% from core Chennai. Do the same math in KA, Its completely other way round. Business class from KA and TN expand their business in other parts of KA and very rarely the vice-versa.

Just ask any random guys in other parts of India if they had heard about Trichy, Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Tirupur and ask the same guy that if he had heard about some famous cities in Karnataka, they may not able to recollect anything other than the tourist destinations. I feel that this is the sustainable growth.

If you are bangalore resident, you will be definitely aware of how bad the rental market is currently after the wfh. I have apartments in both chennai and bangalore and in chennai, I got a tenent within weeks even in a peak covid-19, but in bangalore, one have to compromise atleast 30%-40% of their rent. Someone mentioned about Saravanampatti in this thread before. Entire bangalore is now in saravanampatti situation. Turn anyside and you will see "For Rent" board in Bangalore. This is just a warning call. If something very serious happen, Bangalore will hit first.

The cities are bifurcated to get more funds and it will avoid overgrowing one single city. The recently bifurcated cities got huge growth in recent days and since its not updated here in SSC or we dont care to see whats happening there doesn't mean they are growing. Pollachi to Udumalaipet road is being laid for 3000 crores, do you imagine what that money mean?

Another example, National Disaster Relief Fund 2020 - https://www.ndmindia.nic.in/images/gallery/SDRMF_1.PDF -

Andhra - 1,491.00 cr
Telangana - 599.00 cr
TN - 1,360.00 cr

This shows why the bifurcation is needed for a country like India. Andhra + Telangana GDP is almost equal to TN, but funds allocated to them are 35% more than TN.

If you had visited some interior parts of Bangalore [Not Karnataka], like areas between sarjapur to ec, there are many rural areas where they dont have roads, but got houses. Atleast I had never seen such in Chennai.

These Tech companies such as Amazon, OLA, etc are generating money to KA but the stake holders are either residing overseas or in mumbai. KA people are not reaping the benefits for sure. But thats not the case with TN.

TN got world-class road infrastructure and thats been acknowledged by many of many KA friends. They feel jealous travelling outside of chennai and interiors in TN and you know how you feel if you travel outside of bangalore and interiors of KA. I dont have to tell anything here.

I bet more than 70% of bangalore resident have their apartment as a second home. They have their primary/other property somewhere outside of bangalore. 90% of them were real-estate patriots and rarely you can see real patriots. But if you see chennai, even if someone doesnt own a house and just rented, they will still love it for no reason.

Another example, Cities like Trichy or Madurai can out perform our Western neighbor's state capital and even now, we see the tug-off war between Kochi and Coimbatore and not between kochi and chennai. Thats what we call as growth and thats why we need bifurcation. Dont look with a narrow mind.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Formation of Pollachi district, completion of Anaimalaiyaru - Nallaru irrigation project, setting up Coconut development board office in Pollachi, setting up coir clusters, integrated coir industry complex, tourism development are some of the important projects which are expected from Pollachi region.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts