SkyscraperCity banner

18421 - 18440 of 18475 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Whatever be.. He should learn from Mammooty or Mohanlal with theit commitment and Hardowork they do for Movies ( Not telling others are not, but these are the big 2). Within this 35-40 years of acting, I have never came up of a news from these 2 of this kind...

·
Registered Kochiite
19,884 Posts
Watched Android Kunjappan today. A nice funny movie. Didnt like the ending though. Fun movie to watch. Suraj did a great job
Watched, Liked it.

A good movie with lots of humour after sometime. The director has done a good job with a ‘fantasy’ subject. Every actor including the newcomers, particularly Kendy who played the Japanese and the lady home nurse, did a good job. Suraj is superb as expected from him these days. The ending may not please everyone but I think it’s ok. Overall a good watch.
Rating - 3.5/5

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Film folks are telling that he should learn from Prem Nazir and Sathyan who are even more dedicated than the big M's

Also if someone is under the influence of drugs nobody can control him. Its seems drugs and narcotics are rampant nowadays in caravans and on film sets. And it has been proven that Shane is addicted to drugs.

It seems he had said something like the weather is not good and he cannot shoot and that his mood on that day is not good.

Generally young Malayalam stars of today lack dedication that is what I understood. And all of them are egoistic and they throw tantrums regarding hotels caravan etc. None of them are down to earth. That is what I heard

Whatever be.. He should learn from Mammooty or Mohanlal with theit commitment and Hardowork they do for Movies ( Not telling others are not, but these are the big 2). Within this 35-40 years of acting, I have never came up of a news from these 2 of this kind...

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Saw the movie Helen. A very over rated movie. At times there is a lag also.

Expected too much and got nothing. Too much of lag and cliche.

Even the actors have given average performances

Rating:- 2.5/5

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
So actor Shane is banned for getting smoked up and stoned.

I cannot understand one thing. What is wrong with our 'fillum' producers. If the 'New Gen' (The term reminds me of an electricity generarator) are not stoned, how can their creativity called in Malayalam 'sargaatmakata' (what ever that means) come out? The poor 'Gens' are squeezing out their irrepressible creativity through drugs. Is it their fault they cannot get up early in the morning, brush their teeth, comb their hair and apply a 'chandana kuri' on their fore head and come to the set when the sun god rises and the birds chirps? Can't you see they do not brush their teeth and comb their hair. It is appatent from their very appearance?

And what is your problem with a caravan? They are living out of this small 'huts'. And it is not their fault they sleep some more time in the caravan at midnoon.

And imagine. Even after they are high with their 'Shiva Shambho', I cannot understand or follow their language in the 'Cilima'. I need an interpreter. What shall I do if they deliver their dialogues without inducing some chemicals in their veins? I would feel I am watching a Somali language fillum.

Why do you compare them with Prem Nazir or Mohanlal? During the era these old fashioned guys chemicals to get stoned were not available. The poor chaps were forced to be content with some 'chonna Bellam' to get high at that time. Needless to say a caravan was not invented.

The only thing I cannot fathom is why the Producers could not graduate to appreciating drugs? They were great fans of molesting a female artist in a running van.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
they were taking as if the are saints ... If actresses speak out about sexual favors asked, most of these producers will go to Jail !!!!
i don't like the way shane behaved and he spoiled his own career .
But on Yesterdays producers meet , i can see the frustration of middle aged people . they hate the way current youth enjoy the life .

I don't think Shane is on Drug.He more over look like a religious and Family person. He couldn't handle the fame and money. Kurachu Ahangaram kayari ..

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
'Frustration of the middle aged people'?

As if frustration is patented by middle aged people (I do not know when middle age starts and when middle age ends).

Forget middle age. What about geriatric and damn old people like Mammooty who has touched 70. Ask his opinion about the tantrums of 'N Gen'. Including 'quotation' acts in a running 'caravan' by the 'New Gen'? They stood by the 'stoned' NG who perpetrated that heinous crime one year back.

I have got genuine reason to believe the Neo Gen are taking to drugs because rotten old men like me who is turning 70 are acting as if we are as young as a just bloomed flower.
This includes Mammootty and Mohanlal.

The less said about the Producers, the better.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
This brings me from New Gen to Geriatric Gen. I am speaking of oldies like Mammootty and Mohanlal.

If they want to see how aging actors act, let them watch the 1972 Hollywood movie 'God father'. Let them assess how Marlon Brando portrayed an aging patriarch of a Mafia gang.

Even when this film was about organized crime, there are no stunt scenes as seen in Indian films. Marlon Brando does not go about shooting a gun like our Mammookka and Mohanlal do. Brando acts like an old man. With all the frailities of old age. He speaks very little. Yet it was an astounding performance.

See the stupid things our two aging Big Ms do. They swing from branch to branch being a Puli Murugan at the age of 60. And do the most acrobatic things even a young man cannot perform. They gallop on a horse and do fencing and sword fighting at the age of 70. An age when most men would creak at their joints.

This is NG (new gen) and GG (geriatric gen) for us. We the hapless people.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Compare her performance to Nimisha Sajayan. I can confidently say that Nimisha is the best actress among the young lot after Parvathy. I mean there is nothing new in Anna's performance but Nimisha's performance , her expressions are all different from other heroines of today.

And maybe I felt that Anna's and Lals performance was not upto the mark because of the boring sequence where the daughter is always strict regarding her fathers smoking. We have seen similar scenes in many movies.

Sad that this movie fared well at B.O while a gem of a movie like 41(Nalpathiyonnu) bombed at box office. One of the best movies of 2019. Biju Menon, Nimisha and new actor has excelled in their performance.

One of the best movies in Lal Joses career so far.

both Lal and Anna did a wonderful Job !!!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
What Shane did is unpardonable? He has no right to ask for a higher remuneration after agreeing to a certain amount.

Sorry Shane does not look like a family person for me.

It is a known fact that cocaine and other drugs are rampant on film sets and it is a known fact that some new gen actors are addicted to these.

If middle aged people point out something which is wrong immediately it is misunderstood for jealousy towards young actors

Casting couch and drugs are two different things. Casting couch will not harm the movie but drugs will.

Nobody said that yesteryears actors are saints or anything but there should be something call professionalism.

Let anyone do anything in their personal life but on cinema sets they should be fully dedicated and involved in the making where I think Shane is an utter failure in that area

they were taking as if the are saints ... If actresses speak out about sexual favors asked, most of these producers will go to Jail !!!!
i don't like the way shane behaved and he spoiled his own career .
But on Yesterdays producers meet , i can see the frustration of middle aged people . they hate the way current youth enjoy the life .

I don't think Shane is on Drug.He more over look like a religious and Family person. He couldn't handle the fame and money. Kurachu Ahangaram kayari ..

·
Registered Kochiite
19,884 Posts
Watched Mamankam

Went to the movie reading mixed reviews. The movie is based on the real history of Mamamkam in Valluvanad.

As I doubted when I saw aged warhorses Thyagarajan and Mafia Sasi on the title scroll, the action scenes, which are generally the highlight of any period movie, I felt was below average. Mammootty has only a third of the movie screen space. A lot better art, dialogues and casting compared to Kayamkulam Kochunni. Unni, Siddique and the child actor came good.

Could’ve been better with better action and graphics. Still a decent watch with its historical background.

My rating - 3/5

·
Travancore
8,882 Posts
Was a big disappointment after all the hype around it...Appeared more of a drama in big screen...casting disaster on an otherwise good story...

18421 - 18440 of 18475 Posts