Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sigh. Another historic building being ripped down for the sake of another pre-fab, cookie cutter retail building. Think this one particularly annoys me because it's so close to home for me. Can't say I'll be surprised if this goes the same way as Kwik Save the other end of the Swan, gets demolished and then lies baron for years.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Having lived by Old Swan for over 20 years now it's absolutely wonderful to see yet another historic building being ripped down. Not sure how well sarcasm conveys over the internet but there we have it. This is probably, certainly by my estimation, the most prominent building in the Swan, being torn down for some two-bit discount store. I suppose the only saving grace is that something concrete is planned to go in its place and it won't be left as baron wasteland like the Kwikky the other end, but still sad to see another pre-fab retail unit in place of a piece of history.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah it's certainly never been the nicest building to look at but it's the history that bothers me, and like you say Pablo, the replacement is soul destroying.

Anyway, based on the render I assume that the frontages will sweep around on to Dovercliffe Road, where the side of the cinema currently is?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts