I've been meaning to create this thread for a while. This thread dedicated exclusively to sharing, showcasing and appreciating the very best Somali music of the kaban
genre. The kaban
genre is characterised by the use of the kaban instrument (oud
) being the primary instrument of the music of the song.
Here are some clear ground rules for this thread:
- The video of song posted has to be of a good quality (both audio quality and the visual quality of the video).
- Videos should not contain material that is visually pollutant, offensive or political in any way; the pictures and or videos content should not,
within reason, detract from the music, song or the meaning/message of the song itself.
- Videos that show the lyrics are certainly preferred, if not encouraged.
- The person who posts a song can, if they so wish, provide some narrative as to what the song is about, what particular meaning
or significance it carries etc.
- Posting a cover of an original song is permitted. If a good quality version of the original is found then it should also be posted.
- Only one song/video per post.