·
Registered
5,198 Posts

·
Born to run
1,683 Posts
Gatis said:
New player came to Riga airport:
Low cost airliner "Norwegian" yesterday started flights Riga - Oslo. This will be done three times per week. Costs - 196 NOK = some 25 EUR.
www.norwegian.no
wohooo!!!:banana:

I have used Norwegian twice in a year now, and very happy with it! Maybe I should try to convince my girlfriend for a trip to Riga this spring:)

·
Janis_LV
387 Posts
last week I used czech airlines to get to Larnaka through Prague. The plane was full. and who the f...ck is flying from Riga to Prague. Nobody. Some 20% stayed in Prague the rest was flying somewhere else just using Prague as transit. Because Czech Airlines are offering the best rates to get to the cities which are not served by direct flyghts. If airBaltic will manage to offer for the europeans the best rates for travel to these destinations and decent service in bussines class these routies will be popular. Of course they have to consider, that nobody will go on internet and buy tickets first to Riga and than to Baku. They have to be able through agents to offer both way ticket to these cerayin destinations and cheaper then other possibole connectiosn through scandinavia or central-eastern Europe

·
in action
2,120 Posts
The ministry of communication approved the plans to build a new VNO airport terminal for non-Shengen citizens. The plannet cost is not known yet, but predicted is ~30 mio €. The exension works should get started on spring of next year.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Air Baltic today offers flights Riga-Oslo just for 16 Lats (23 EUR) :)

·
Future after Past
1,515 Posts
Gatis said:
Tashkent - Riga - New York by Uzbekistan airlines, two times per week, by Boeing 763. Don't know if this is widebody.
B767-300 is a widebody alright

·
Registered
333 Posts
Riga - Telaviv, well it`s still Eurasia (these flights are not on regular basis). Also charter flights to Egypt, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, South America, I think.

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Riga airport to undergo radical reconstruction
Riga airport has prepared ambitious reconstruction program which envisages that until 2010 airport would be prepared to take 5 mio passengers per year, but the most significant investments will start afterwards and until 2015 capacity will increase to 10 mio. Costs of works will amount to 200 mio EUR.
Financial turnover of airport in the first half of 2005 - 9 mio EUR comparing with 7 mio EUR last year. For passengers and airlines with large turnover Riga airport is the cheapest in Europe.

·
Registered
656 Posts
roadrunner said:
Here is a picture of the Vilnius terminal expansion.

As you can see, the old terminal will be integrated into the new building.
Uh... looks ugly, why our architects choose the easiest way - to cover building with glass to make it look more modern? That's insane :bash:

edit: greetings to our newcomer

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Are there any new pictures of the Riga terminal expansion ? I´m very interested in this project.
Northern terminal in Riga - in forefront. Architects - "Arhis". As you can see, it does not add new airbridges.

Large part of works has been done. This will increase RIX capacity to 5 mio per year.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bangkok, Singapore and Beijing - direct flights to these cities from Riga under negotiations, according Minister of Transportation.

Bangkok is a popular destination for Baltic tourists already. China is becoming more popular destination too. Singapore seems a bit too far, imho.

1 - 20 of 4498 Posts