SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
10,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My trip to Kyoto!

Kyoto, a famous place which has a japanese traditional atmosphere from the past.

清水寺 Kiyomizu temple

Japanese trees are so round!

washing hands before getting in the temple is just nomal manner:)

people are relaxing and eating cold sweets to make them cool down;) we can see this kind of small restaurant in only shrines or temples.

Each of the three water falls has their own specific wish; to be healthy, succeed in studying, grow a love relationship..which will you choose?

they all are candies! sushi sushi..

old style road which is made of stones.

芸者 geisha ,tourist can dress as geisha too!

such a healthy food set with a lot of vegitables!
this is a Kyoto style meal.

japanese sweets! my favorite!:D
inside of it there are sweet beans.

京都駅 Kyoto station. we can see such a beautiful night view of Kyoto from the top of the station!

·
Registered
9,083 Posts
7 years here
i have been to kyoto by high school trip once.
more than 25 years ago...

My memory of Kyoto was to peep into girl's bathroom with my class mates and to have caught by teacher.

I was always sleeping without visiting the temples in the bus.
I remember that I sang this song in a bus
I dont know Whenever listening to this song, I regrets.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=dFclsoaFOLc

·
Registered
371 Posts
No, No, your pics are great, Maki-chan! Makes me wanna hop on a plane and see Kyoto myself (last time I was there, I was a screaming 5-year old...) Unfortunately, I got distracted by your brother, hehe. I can tell straight away he's haafu, 'cos I'm one, too. I think we have an inbuilt ability to detect other haafus!

·
52,340 Posts
great pics

·
always lost
739 Posts
i love those pics! i haven't been to kyoto for 2 years and that's too long for me. such a relaxed atmosphere compared to here. if i lived in osaka i think i'd go to kyoto every weekend...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I love hanging around those old templese. Stillness of the surroundings and great views are perfect to know how
people have lived. Of cource, Kyoto's local dishes are great stuff. Especially, if you can find out the different
taste from other prefecture, you could be a gourmet of Japanese food. Real kyoto's food are definately taste of
supremacy for Japanese but they're expensive.:eek:kay:

Can your cousin speak Japanese like you?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.