Discussion Starter · #1 ·
巴西選舉 Dilma羅塞芙作為首位女總統

巴西人民直接選出一位新總統 - 不是通過一個委員會
或組裝,但通過直接投票的人。

Dilma羅塞芙當選巴西總統成功路易斯伊納西奧盧拉達席爾瓦,選舉官員證實。

羅塞夫,62,誰從未舉行選舉的職務,成為該國第一位女總統。

Brazil elects Dilma Rousseff as first female president

The People Brazil directly elect a new president - not through a committee
or assembly but by direct vote of the people.

Dilma Rousseff has been elected president of Brazil to succeed Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, electoral officials have confirmed.

Ms Rousseff, 62, who has never before held elected office, becomes the country's first woman president.

She promised to "honour the trust" Brazilians had put in her and work to eliminate poverty.

Ms Rousseff was the preferred successor of President Lula, who is leaving after two terms with record popularity.

Thousands of supporters of the governing Workers' Party took to the streets across Brazil to celebrate her victory.

The Superior Electoral Court said that with almost all the votes counted, she had won 56% against 44% for her rival, Jose Serra of the Social Democratic Party.

Although voting is compulsory in Brazil, there was a high rate of abstention at 21.5%.

The second round of voting was forced after Ms Rousseff fell short of the 50% needed in the 3 October first round, winning 47% to Mr Serra's 33%

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11662623

·
Panamaniac!
2,353 Posts
:banana:

Although I wasn't rooting for Dilma, I'm still glad Brazil elected their first woman president.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
lol at the google translation

back to the topic, the lady president is so cool, an ex-guerrilla!

·
Registered
28,202 Posts
Many brazilians are waiting to know if she will be a puppet of the past VERY popular president (like occoured in Argentina, Russia), or if she will be politically more independent.

But in any of the hypothesis, the way of institutional stability will not be changed.

The relations between Brazil and China will be keeped the same, for sure, but it dont means just economic cordiality because there is many concern about the proportion of chinese products in the brazilian market. Well, it is the same in the rest of world too, haha.

Thanks for the good wishes to my country. xiexie!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts