SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Blue Mountains (Jamaica)

The Blue Mountains form the longest mountain range in Jamaica. They include the island's highest point, Blue Mountain Peak, at 2256 m (7402 ft). [1] From the summit, accessible via a walking track, both the North and South coasts of the island can be seen. On a clear day, the outline of the island Cuba, 210 km (130 mi) away, can also be seen.

By CK2507

By Yabai82

By tbg78

By nyloc

By DevilCrayon

By Jay_t28

By Windydear

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks Terick! Yeah, it looks pretty similar to The Central Mountain range.:cheers:

·
Gotham City
10,972 Posts
Stunning! Is this the area where that famous "Blue Mountain" coffee is grown?

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Port Royal

Port Royal was a city located at the end of the Palisadoes at the mouth of the Kingston Harbour, in southeastern Jamaica. Founded in 1518, it was the centre of shipping commerce in the Caribbean Sea during the latter half of the 17th century. It was destroyed by an earthquake in 1692 and subsequent fires, hurricanes, flooding, and another earthquake in 1907.

By Jamdowner

By Christian y Sergio Velasco

·
16,749 Posts
Beautiful Port Royal. I love historic sites!

Can you bring any pictures showing the Spanish Colonial Time in Jamaica? Any Spanish Fort or building?

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
I'll see what I can find, though most of the remaining forts were built by the British.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Seville Great House

Parish: St. Ann

Seville Great house is symbolic of the English period. After the capture of the island in 1655, New Seville was abandoned by the Spaniards. Edward Long tells us, the English divided up and allotted the land to victorious officers and other soldiers. In this allotment, the city of New Seville became the property of one Captain Hemmings, an officer of the army, thus becoming Seville Estate. 1745, Hemmings’ grandson built the great house on the site of the original house which was built at the end of the seventeenth century.

by darianr

by Lee Boxall

by INTO Pictures

21 - 40 of 276 Posts