Burj Khalifa
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

HEIGHT:
Architectural: 828 meters/2,717 feet; Pinnacle: 829.8 meters/2,723 feet
FLOORS: 163
COMPLETION: 2010
ARCHITECT: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
FUNCTION: Office/Residential/Hotel

The Burj Khalifa has been the tallest building in the world since its completion in 2010. This mixed-use skyscraper has offices, 900 apartments, and a 304-room 5-star hotel. It is part of the Downtown Dubai development in the city of Dubai.

Dubai burj khalifa
by nunzio Saggio, on Flickr

Dubai Burj Khalifa
by Ernst Hobscheidt, on Flickr

Burj Khalifa, Dubai
by Tours Egypt Memphis, on Flickr

Dubaï - Tour Burj Khalifa
by J-Marie BOYER, on Flickr

·
I Love Chicago!
16,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
9/10. I like the mismatching setbacks. They caused a lot of trouble for me when I tried to draw this as a child. :lol:

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi all.
I understand the BK thread being moved but I could barely find this thread.
The worlds tallest structure for the past decade and perhaps the next as well should be placed in a more prominent position in the forum.
I know the posts were getting few and far between when there was a thread in the megatall section but there will be none here.
I was visiting the megatall thread regularly looking for any news on what is happening as far as changes, office leasing, annex openings, and such to no avail. There seems to be little interest or tight security on media releases. This is a real shame.
I fear there will be no chance to get any info while the only thread in this forum is hiding here.
Just my 2 cents.
Cheers
Ray

·
I Love Chicago!
16,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all.
I understand the BK thread being moved but I could barely find this thread.
The worlds tallest structure for the past decade and perhaps the next as well should be placed in a more prominent position in the forum.
I know the posts were getting few and far between when there was a thread in the megatall section but there will be none here.
I was visiting the megatall thread regularly looking for any news on what is happening as far as changes, office leasing, annex openings, and such to no avail. There seems to be little interest or tight security on media releases. This is a real shame.
I fear there will be no chance to get any info while the only thread in this forum is hiding here.
Just my 2 cents.
Cheers
Ray
This isn't the thread you're talking about. This thread has always been in this section. The thread you're looking for is in the Archives: DUBAI | Burj Khalifa (Burj Dubai) | World's Tallest Structure | 828m | 2717ft | 163 fl | Com.

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts