U/C

some pics, well one of the construction site - which is huge - 3 cranes on site

another crane going up on corner of Rivonia and Sandton Drive
this is for another development

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Office space yes. will link to Sandton City via skybridge. The American Consulate is moving from Killarney to this new venue - So we can expect a lot of reinforced concrete!

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Jakes1; said:
Office space yes. will link to Sandton City via skybridge. The American Consulate is moving from Killarney to this new venue - So we can expect a lot of reinforced concrete!
Heavy barbed wire, security cameras, huge satellites and security guards that think you are a terrorist. LOL

·
Bloody Agent
3,654 Posts
The american consulate is actually moving into the site next to this.. The one with all the wooden street lights on it lol (i think its ur second pic)

number 1 is gonna look sick btw, its got this upper deck supported by steel pillars, triple volume underneath.. u can see the steel beams inside the scaffolding in the pic

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
closest I could get to the render, in my car, on max zoom...

Final level being poured

·
23,157 Posts
Contract name: 'THE PLACE' – SANDTON: 5 LEVELS OF PARKING, 4 FLOORS OF OFFICES WITH BRIDGE LINK OVER SANDTON DRIVE TO SANDTON CITY.
Client: Investec Property Group
Architect: TPS Architects
Consulting engineer: Pure Consulting
Quantity surveyor: Brian Heineberg & Associates
Value: R250-million
Starting date: June 2006
Completion date: November 2007
Contracts director: Duncan Craig
Site agent: Landman Goosen
Business unit: Group Five Building

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Apparently this the corner of alice and sandton drive will also get a very unique water feature... lazer lights, advertising etc. first of its kind in south africa. I like the blue glass...

The new US consulate is also a part of this new development. and a skybridge will link it all to sandton city.

Sandhurst towers are finished, people are living there.

And this 7F is going up in alice lane, next to the sandhurst towers. There are countless 5 - 7F developments. I had no time to take pics.

·
the luf
791 Posts
Damn, Sandton is looking smart. It is weird, I have been there like twice this year. So good to see some images. Will take my camera and do a walk around this weekend.

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
Damn, Sandton is looking smart. It is weird, I have been there like twice this year. So good to see some images. Will take my camera and do a walk around this weekend.
Please do brother man.

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
Sundhurst thread? Mike please help, we have to provide updates.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts