Height: 309.6m AOD | 294.6m AGL

Office floorspace: 130,000m² GEA

Retail floorspace: 2,220m² GEA

Floors: 73

-

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Not sure about the unimaginative top of this tower, it could of been something special and lighter instead it's just another flat topped skyscraper that will most likely meld into the ugly 22 Bishopsgate behemoth lump next door.

·
Londonese
306 Posts
Would be infinitely better with a spire, that's for sure.

Oh well, here's to hoping a new tower next to it will fulfil the pinnacle/apex criteria (this could take a while).

·
Registered
554 Posts
That render with all the buildings completed is just wow. It makes me cross all my fingers that they all get built.

·
Registered
11,546 Posts
Initial thoughts.

Great looking tower, compliments all the other towers like 122LH & the Gherkin BUT the whole ensemble has been pretty f***ed up by that fat slab next door.
22BG has pretty much ruined any cohesion that City cluster was forming. This tower will be largely hidden by 22BG ( as will much else) so all we will see is another tiny stepped back flat roof added to 22BG when viewed from the all-important Western views of the City.

The annoying thing is the CoL Planners would have steered both projects through pre-planning. How they allowed Stuart Lipton to massively increase the bulk of 22BG is little short of disastrous. Considering this is the new Pinnacle its actually drowned out by next door.

One other small quibble, someone else mentioned is 100BG is wasted at that height.

·
Hello
1,704 Posts
As a skyscraper, it doesn't 'wow' me. It's almost too subtle, if that makes sense. But as a piece of architecture, it's got an artistic quality about it. Next to The Gherkin, it ties in really well because it almost looks like artwork together. It's perhaps more interesting than having the wow factor.

·
Registered
470 Posts
A little bit boring for my taste. Nothing wrong with it just nothing particularly interesting either which is a bit of a shame for a building that'll be the tallest in the City for years to come.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
beautiful, that's what I call simple and elegant. Spot on with no spire - we don't need anymore - Shard, 1CS, Scalpel, 122 Leadenhall, Heron, Gherkin, can of ham - all reduce at the top forming spires or domes.
The cross bracing fits perfectly with the futuristic industrial look that is unique to London
and the proportions are perfect, slim and very tall
10/10 from me

·
Registered
22,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #496
So we now have a brown version of a 90s Canary Wharf style tower as the pinnacle of the City. Well done everyone. I think the Shard is safe as the people's pinnacle for a while yet.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Good building ... it would have been nice if it could have been a bit taller, but given the proverbial restrictions ...

481 - 500 of 1414 Posts