SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
N.B. I've split this from the RS thread

-- wjfox

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the adjacent site at Heron Quays West, it is now confirmed Canary Wharf is preparing to submit a revised planning application for a 1million sq ft development instead of the existing 600,000 sqft previously consented scheme.

·
BLAND
8,859 Posts
N.B. I've split this from the RS thread

-- wjfox

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the adjacent site at Heron Quays West, it is now confirmed Canary Wharf is preparing to submit a revised planning application for a 1million sq ft development instead of the existing 600,000 sqft previously consented scheme.

I would have thought they would retain the basics of the scheme. There is certainly going to be height increases...the precedent is set...thanks Will & Grace..I mean Will & Jef

(Edit: just watched a French train travelling at 565km/h live on TV!!!)

·
BLAND
8,859 Posts
CBEEBIES..oh...news 24...sncf

·
Divemaster!
6,690 Posts
Yer the Rogers design is sex on a stick! A height increase should be the only thing to improve the scheme imo

·
DAMNED
1,917 Posts
I hope they keep one tower signifigantly shorter than the other though. Consider 7 or eight years time, RS is built, NQ is built HQW is under construction 1CS would have 8 companions roughly around the 200m mark (HSBC, CB, RS1, RS2, NQ1, NQ3, HQW1, HQW2) This will make the height limits at the wharf look like its hit a ceiling, which only 1CS has broken through. Too many towers of similar height. Shame Columbus wasn't built, as it was bigger than 1CS, and 1CS may not have become the unbeatable centrepoint it seems to have become.

·
Tea. Earl grey. Hot.
3,195 Posts
I'd like to see an interesting shape of unorthodox yet of Canary Wharf-esque standards with unusual shaped floor plans like triangles, parrollelogram and trepezium.

·
Registered
22,734 Posts
From what I can gather the Rogers proposal has each tower as a parallelogram. It's the only way to explain why the development isn't at the same angle as Riverside South in that rendering.

1 - 20 of 911 Posts