·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second thread for the project. Here's an update:

May 18, 2006

Already looks tall, yet it's just about 1/3 of total height

This bad boy's already up to Transportation Bldg.'s setbacks

Barclay Street, now with 7WTC, Barclay-Vesey, Transportation, Woolworth and 10 Barclay among others is becoming a considerable skyscraper corridor

This is gonna be one slender tower

Windows being installed

·
Long live the Twins!
1,116 Posts
the building in both of the renderings is from the same design. there's just a difference in the pictures' brighness and tinge.

michal1982, there was not much on the tower's site before the construction. a large part of the site was an empty lot and the rest used to be occupied by 1 or 2 insignificant lowrises.

anyway, i just hope this tower won't dwarf its neighbor, the Transportation Building, as the renderings suggest that it might do. but then again, the building's just 178m, a tad taller than the original 7 WTC, while the Transportation building's 166m. so yeah, it's safe to say that the rendering's inaccurate.

·
Registered
799 Posts
for the life of me I see no 1940s building in those pictures... do you not see the HUGE differnces between the Post Office, the Woolworth, the Transportation, the smaller buidlings by St. Paul, the catholic church itself? I don't think it gets any more diverse than this.

I would have preferred a crowning such as cityspire's... that's nice!

·
Registered
509 Posts
fcarvall said:
for the life of me I see not 1940s building in those pictures... do you not see the HUGE differnces between the Post Office, the Woolworth, the Transportation, the smaller buidlings by St. Paul, the catholic church itself? I don't think it gets any more diverse than this.

I would have preferred a crowning such as cityspire's... that's nice!
diverse to me is a city like hong kong, shanghai or dubai where the buildings are all different and mainly cutting edge of design. New York to me is stuck in a time warp. The buildings all look the same and thats because everything is trying to blend in with the Empire State building...grey or brown boxes. Thats why to me it looks very 1930's/1940's. The only building in New York that I can think of that isn't going to be a box is the Bank of America tower (EDIT) and the freedom tower if that's every built.

G

·
^^ Hence you forget, the Hearst magazine tower (cutting edge design), AOL/Time Warner looks unique from certain angles, The Orion (don't even compare it's architecture to the Empire State or Woolworth), 7 WTC (with its shiny metallic base and mirror-like windows).

I think I'll agree with NY Girl and say 'yay' for getting another box! :eek:kay:

·
toilet out of order
2,361 Posts
nice tower :cheers:

I'd like to get it in my home town in italy!

but nothing special for n.y.'s skyline...
how many time does the ground 0 project needs to grow up?
if i don't make mistakes the builder's yard is already started, doesn't it?

·
Registered
206 Posts
this is merely a residential fill in tower. it doesnt need to be cutting edge. the builders cant afford it to be anything other than simply profitable.
NY isnt trying to make any arriving statements to the world scene. been there, done that.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts