SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.100yorkville.com (The render isn't available yet).

This would be built on the parking lot on Yorkville where it meets the end of Bellair. A lot of people in that area seem to be against this for some reason. i don't see why, it's built on a parking lot so nothing has to be demolished, it isn't too high for the area, Tridel's condo is over 300 ft. and there are a few condos near by that are about the same height.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Bah...there's just a lot of people in the area that want the inner part of Yorkville to keep the victorian scale. At the price that land goes for...ain't gonna happen. They will have to just get used to it. Just build some more upscale stores at the street level, and they'll forget about it soon enough.

KGB

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^LOL
That's probably the lamest slogan I've ever heard a developer used to sell condos. :crazy:
And it seems that this could end up being a very nice looking tower. Quoted by Christopher Hume himself in his latest article about the One bedford/annex article:

"100 Yorkville: In this beautifully designed 18-storey condo, neighbours saw the end of Yorkville, though it will fill a parking lot and enhance the streetscape. Developer Barclay-Greyson won at the OMB."

G

·
Travis007 said:
^^^LOL
That's probably the lamest slogan I've ever heard a developer used to sell condos. :crazy:
And it seems that this could end up being a very nice looking tower. Quoted by Christopher Hume himself in his latest article about the One bedford/annex article:

"100 Yorkville: In this beautifully designed 18-storey condo, neighbours saw the end of Yorkville, though it will fill a parking lot and enhance the streetscape. Developer Barclay-Greyson won at the OMB."
Sounds like good news.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I just think it's great that the little holes in Yorkville are getting filled up....it's such a nice little spot...the parking lot in the middle really sucked. Those horrible fake brick townhouses were really bad too...glad they are toast...along with that building on bay.

They do need to save that Phillip Johnson penthouse though...not that anybody can see it, but just for posterity's sake.

KGB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts