SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Interstellar Yet Local
41 Posts
Awesome. This looks really good. Let's hope it gets approved with the best features still intact. It's very tall, too. I look forward to seeing how this project unfolds through the approval process. :)

Reactions: ushahid

·
Registered
536 Posts
This is one of them rare skyscrapers that nails everything right imo! This building is visually striking exactly what is needed to breaking up all the mundane of late. That rooftop atrium is going to be epic, I hope they will allow general public up for the views!

My only worry right now is these are the first renderings I hope it doesn't get dumbed down and cheapened in future revisions....

·
34,379 Posts
My only worry right now is these are the first renderings I hope it doesn't get dumbed down and cheapened in future revisions....
That was my reaction as well. The majority of renderings don't interest me too much. When one comes along that I love instantly the design almost always changes into something I'm no longer drawn to. It's a bit of a downer as it's now hard for me to get excited about proposals that come along till they're almost finished.

I love buildings but renderings are marketing tools designed to entice. Does a Big Mac at McDonalds look like it does in their poster? It has 2 beef patties and 3 buns but the similarities end there. If we get a building that comes close to what's being presented I'll be pleasantly surprised. It's a nice picture... I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ I agree with you. this is the initial stage of the design. design will change overtime. Hariri wont disappoint us, Its Canderel that im worried about. they might use cheap material.

·
34,379 Posts
^ I agree with you. this is the initial stage of the design. design will change overtime. Hariri wont disappoint us, Its Canderel that im worried about. they might use cheap material.
I'd be shocked if they used quality materials. They're the same company behind AURA and YC Condos, both on Yonge Street.

·
34,379 Posts
The renderings suggest curtain wall and no spandrel. We'll just have to wait to see if it remains so.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The renderings suggest curtain wall and no spandrel. We'll just have to wait to see if it remains so.
ive heard that HP makes sure their projects are executed properly, like better quality stuff. I guess we have to wait until the design changes- value engineering.

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
ive heard that HP makes sure their projects are executed properly, like better quality stuff. I guess we have to wait until the design changes- value engineering.
I worked in real estate before and I hated this phrase. It's such a common euphemism for cheapening out.

·
34,379 Posts
That's why I prefer the term de-value engineering.

·
34,379 Posts
Or we've got your money already so lets switch out design features and quality materials for the cheapest thing that will pass code so we can increase our profit/condo. It's why I will never buy pre-construction.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts