SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
hmm interesting, but the rendering seems very preliminary:

i didn't know that buildings that high could be built that far north and east.

EDIT: nevermind, it isn't THAT far north and east of the core.

·
Registered
14,254 Posts
Well, the lot directly to the south (the square to the left of this building) is where the developers of the European tower want to put a 40 story european style building in. That ought to be a nice entry into downtown from the Freeway.

·
Registered
894 Posts

well since it's by the same people doing the european tower in bellevue he probably means really skinny. the european tower in bellevue is only going to have one unit per floor. maybe like 2-3 units a floor. i know the thing says 12th and denny, but on ssp someone said it was actually 1221 denny witch would put it on fairview and denny and not make it two randon highrises on capital hill

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
FINALLY! Many times I rode bus #8 to Capital Hill or go to Belltown from Capital Hill, I pass that lot. I always wonder when will any developer buy that lot and develop it. I'm very happy that it will get developed soon. The rendering is alright but I know that they will come up with better renderings soon. I'm very happy that downtown Seattle area are still in process for redevelopment or infill in the vancant lots or parking lots lately. :)

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
By the way, has anyone noticed the tiny little triangel lot at Denny and Stewart (used to be a bus stop)? They have planted a lone palm tree there flanked by some very modern art.

Just strange I thought.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is the 40 story site on the NW corner of the intersection?
A building that tall in that spot will really alter the skyline view from I5 and Cap Hill.
The tropical island at Denny and Stewart is kind of campy. Pity it is not across from a gay bar anymore. All it needs now is a pink flamingo.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
By the way, has anyone noticed the tiny little triangel lot at Denny and Stewart (used to be a bus stop)? They have planted a lone palm tree there flanked by some very modern art.

Just strange I thought.
Perhaps it's the major Belltown/Denny park that was promised. :D

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
I'm very eager to see this area get cleaned up. Just up the block on Denny will be the Mirabella project. This leaves a gap where the ugly-ass Greyhound bus barn is and a surface lot. Actually there a lot of surface lots in this area.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
^^ I agree completely with you! I always thinking about it everytime I ride Bus 8 on Denny to the Capital Hill like when will the developers come in and invade the lots and ugly buildings at that area for redevelopments. I'm very happy that is happening now. :banana:

·
Registered
14,254 Posts
Okay, I get it with the asterisks, it's ***** ****'s.

Ba Dum dum.

Okay what I meant by Eurostyle, is that its a significantly smaller footprint than most 40 story towers would have. There was an article that I read about the European ***** in Bellevue, and they said in there that this was going to be 40 stories, but during the next development cycle.

Also, regarding that palm tree, take a look here,

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nicolebrodeur/2003637585_brodeur27m.html

That explains what its all about.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Thanks for the article.

But, I worry about the little tree. It's too short at this time and I'm afraid the hooligans (did I really use that word) are going to rip its fronds off before it gets a chance.

I'm so negative.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts