SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
This is great...cool roofline. Anything to break up flatness in the skyline. My question is whether a big Fir can grow large enough to grow thru that Hole!?
Even if not, it's an interesting design feature. I hope they keep the roof orange and don't wimp out and go for Grey (again) and again.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
OOOOOOO Thats a fantastic location! When is somebody going to fill that lot next to it on first? I think there was a proposal for it a long time ago but I’ve never heard anything about it. I think it was a sister tower to One Pacific Tower called Two Pacific tower.

·
Journeyman
17,645 Posts
Two Pacific Tower, a block north on Second, died when Basil Vyzis died at least a decade ago. In 2006 or so there was a proposal for a low-rise boutique hotel there. Recently they demo'd the old Commodore Hotel on part of the site, but only said something about wanting to figure out what to do with the land. PS, a lowrise is a good idea because the block already has two significant towers. A hotel makes great sense -- the location is ideal for tourists, and would also be good for many business travelers.

1 - 20 of 320 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.