SkyscraperCity banner

301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
J'en ai marre.
1,492 Posts

·
J'en ai marre.
1,492 Posts
You're going to havea fun view of the new Rainier Tower project.
I was previously in the Cobb Apartments (4th and University St), which will have the direct observation deck on Ranier Tower from it's rooftop.

It's the 2nd & Pine project - if ever built - that I'd get best view of construction. That and the 12 story hotel (extension of Inn at the Market) that may get built in place of the parking lot at 1st Ave & Stewart St. under my bedroom window.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Thanks for the pix. You're really right in the middle of things. Right in between the commercial core of skyscrapers to the south and the residential highrises of Belltown to the north.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Is there a rendering of this hotel? Also, did someone mention this is an annex of the Inn at hte Market?

·
J'en ai marre.
1,492 Posts
Thanks for the pix. You're really right in the middle of things. Right in between the commercial core of skyscrapers to the south and the residential highrises of Belltown to the north.
When I moved from Cobb Apartments (at 4th and University Street) to Viktoria, I was hoping to get into a more urban-residential style neighborhood, more like north end Belltown. With that in mind, I might have gone with 225 Cedar St., but that wasn't and isn't ready yet.

You're right that Viktoria is situated pretty much on the border of Belltown and Central Business District. But, neighborhood identity-wise, it identifies most strongly with Pike Market and its shopping district. At the street level, it has the strong tourist vibe of Pike/Pine. With future development of the immediate block going towards hotels (including Kimpton Hotels remodel of Paladian Apts., 1931 2nd Ave pared down to just a 16 story hotel project, and the planned 12 story Inn at Market extension at 1st and Stewart), the tourist feel of the foot traffic is likely only to increase.

The only hope for turning more residential is for the 2nd and Pine; 2nd and Virginia; and 3rd and Virginia projects to be built. It'd actually be great if most of those stay apartments, simply because a lot of condos in this area can end up second homes for out of town residents. For example, most of the condos in the 1521 2nd tower appear seldom occupied.

·
Journeyman
16,434 Posts
Even full buildings tend to have most windows dark, to an extent that's always surprised me. Lots of people seem to be out and about, then home for 45 minutes before bed.

First & Stewart is another apartment coming.

This area could be poised to be way more residential soon, not just right on Second but also with 3rd & Virginia and so on.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
When I moved from Cobb Apartments (at 4th and University Street) to Viktoria, I was hoping to get into a more urban-residential style neighborhood, more like north end Belltown. With that in mind, I might have gone with 225 Cedar St., but that wasn't and isn't ready yet.

You're right that Viktoria is situated pretty much on the border of Belltown and Central Business District. But, neighborhood identity-wise, it identifies most strongly with Pike Market and its shopping district. At the street level, it has the strong tourist vibe of Pike/Pine. With future development of the immediate block going towards hotels (including Kimpton Hotels remodel of Paladian Apts., 1931 2nd Ave pared down to just a 16 story hotel project, and the planned 12 story Inn at Market extension at 1st and Stewart), the tourist feel of the foot traffic is likely only to increase.

The only hope for turning more residential is for the 2nd and Pine; 2nd and Virginia; and 3rd and Virginia projects to be built. It'd actually be great if most of those stay apartments, simply because a lot of condos in this area can end up second homes for out of town residents. For example, most of the condos in the 1521 2nd tower appear seldom occupied.
I wonder if any of the absentee 1521 2nd Ave owners need a house sitter...!

·
Correspondent
8,276 Posts
From todays DJC.

http://www.djc.com/news/re/12077726.html

May 15, 2015

Viktoria apartments is sold for $130M
By JOURNAL STAFF

Viktoria, a 24-story apartment tower at 1915 Second Ave. in downtown Seattle, sold for $129.75 million, property records show.

Property records list the buyer is an entity that shares a Los Angeles address with TruAmerica Multifamily. Mark Enfield, chief administrative officer for TruAmerica, said it is managing the asset for a private buyer but he declined to name the buyer.

The 249-unit building opened past year.

The sale price is more than $512,960 per unit, which is one of the highest per-unit prices recorded in the region. According to Dupre + Scott Apartment Advisors, only five other apartment complexes have sold for more than $500,000 per unit, and all of those deals happened in the last two years.

Goodman Real Estate, Mack Urban and Capri Capital Partners were partners in developing the building. National Real Estate Advisors was the lender.

Weber Thompson designed Viktoria and Turner Construction Co. built it.

Other project team members are Cary Kopczynski & Co.; structural engineer; Hart Crowser, geotechnical engineer; KPFF Consulting Engineers, civil engineer; Rushing Co., mechanical/electrical engineer; Hawk Mechanical, plumbing engineer/contractor; Morrison Hershfield, building envelope; Walters & Wolf, curtain wall; MacDonald-Miller, mechanical contractor; Holmes Electric, electrical contractor; Patriot Fire Protection; and SSA Acoustics.

301 - 320 of 320 Posts