SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yesterday I walked on First Avenue and I saw they started some works at the back of this building... I think they might demolish it soon. I still haven't hear anything about this project.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
that's going to be such an odd sight to see a big ass fir tree being hoisted up by a construction crane. i really hope somebody gets a picture of that. I'm sure the contractor will make an announcement about the date they do that, and get some publicity.

·
Registered
121 Posts
^^ Ahh I see... I rather to see bunch of skyscrapers to get built each other just increase the dense of the neighborhood.
I tend to agree with you. It certainly wouldn't bother me, seeing as most of the north downtown Seattle skyline looks like a mouth missing teeth.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Garage actually. And yeah, that's one sexy bitch.
I hope Xanadu relocates nearby, too. There are some interesting little boutiques in this area. And thank God Ian is in the building next door. I love that shop. Finally--clothes for men that actually FIT.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Any updates on this one? Have they started demolishing the building on site? Any ideas on when it will begin construction?

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I almost ran into some lady when I got off my bus at 5th and Pine the other day when I noticed 1521 being visible from there. whoops.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Sooooo has anyone heard any news on this recently? All the literature for the two 2nd and Virginia towers shows this project as part of the street scape, but nothings been happening (no demolition, etc.). I also remember reading a while back that it was going to be changed to apartments? Whats the deal?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
With the current state of the condo market, I doubt any condo developers are going to break ground on new projects downtown anytime soon.

·
Registered
880 Posts
exactly....we had a good high rise cycle though.....the only project that stands a chance is the embassy development twin towers...the only reaon why I say that is because it looks like BofA took it on but conditions could have changed, dunno.....at least B of A has their sign on the fence.....

I think we can basically can count all new high rises (Seattle) regardless of property type and use to be on hold for the time being with the exception of 5th and Columbia, unless I'm forgetting something...Seattle is not recession proof and developers are really going to need some confidence in their projects to move forward in this environment and position in the cycle, at least on a spec basis....

there are still plenty of smaller scale infill projects (across all sectors) that will be breaking ground soon though....

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
One (for example) will break ground in June on Dexter. It will be a 7-story condo and not a large project at that. But just goes to show that they ARE still developing. Just not the over-priced high rises (thank you Cosmo and 2200 for the glut!!).

·
Registered
880 Posts
Developers will always build....there is always a bull market in every market...you just have to find it....and yes, there are several projects on the way...several.....

I also just got the condo renderings for the site where the existing apartment building sits at Bellevue and Pine on Capitol Hill. The site is adjacent to the Chapel....the renderings look great and it seems like they are very serious about getting started very soon...this building features lots of glass.....it looks very nice..if I could describe it I would say its the arthouse meets the grey office building at alley 24...

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
I understand that the downtown highrise condo developments are hitting a dead patch here. I was mostly asking because I remember reading somewhere a while back that this particular project had been changed to an apartment building.

I hope this doesn't get abandoned forever. This street is ripe for development, and I would love to see this, and the 2nd and Virginia towers go up eventually. Along with the new 11 story hotel planned for 1st and Stewart, that would be 3 kickass developments on one block.

21 - 40 of 320 Posts