1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
others

new bridge, after complete, Yuzhong to Nanan traffic problem may diaappear

use boat as eatery

volvo S40, made in Chongqing, testing now, the character 试 means test, chongqing producing modeno foucs swift Mazeda 3 and BMW motorcycle now

ferrari shop in chongqing

boat in river

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
alex04 said:
i have read that in Chongqing metro are living 30millions people
can everyone give more information ?
There's not any official definition of Chongqing's metropolitan area.Official figure for the city's population is 6.4 million(2005 for city alone).Bishan county(35 kilometers away from Chongqing's downtown) is nearly connected with built-up area of Chongqing.Moreover,Jiangjin city(45 kilometers away),Changshou county(63 kilometers aways) and Yongchuan city(65 kilometers away) have very close relations with Chongqing,someone might work in Chongqing in the week and back to home on the weekend.If we calculate the population of the areas I mentioned above,it'll be about 10 million.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
This number doesn't contain some cities or counties that contact very frequently with Chongqing,such as Fuling city(100 kilometers away),Hechuan city(80 kilometers away) and Tongliang county(80 kilometers away),the expressways between Chongqing and these towns are really busy.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't think you are correct on that. The 6.4 million is the figure for the total non-agricultural population of Chongqing Municipality. The city itself is still, I believe, smaller than Shanghai, Beijing, Tianjin, and Guangzhou, perhaps even Shenyang and Wuhan, although it is growing quickly as you mentioned. Then again, it seems to be pretty difficult to get truly accurate numbers on this sort of thing, because the definition of "city proper" varies depending on what level city it is, I believe.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Clashman said:
I don't think you are correct on that. The 6.4 million is the figure for the total non-agricultural population of Chongqing Municipality. The city itself is still, I believe, smaller than Shanghai, Beijing, Tianjin, and Guangzhou, perhaps even Shenyang and Wuhan, although it is growing quickly as you mentioned. Then again, it seems to be pretty difficult to get truly accurate numbers on this sort of thing, because the definition of "city proper" varies depending on what level city it is, I believe.
You cannot wrong more.The total non-agricultural population of Chongqing municipality is 12.6 million!The number of 6.4 million I mentioned previously only contains population of Yuzhong district,Nan'an district,Jiangbei district,Shapingba district,Jiulongpo district,Dadukou district,Yubei district,Banan district and Beibei district.They are so called central districts of the City [in Chinese 主城区].

I've got to emphasize that this area is much smaller than other municipalities such as Beijing munipality and Tianjian municipality!Those two cities have lots of rural areas and actually like several cities combined[I don't say they are connected],In purticular Tianjian.

According to Chongqing's standard of mesuring,the population of all the chinese cities will decrease significantly.I didn't exaggrate Chongqing's population,It's just the contrary.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Handsome said:
chongqing metro?

I think Chongqing province maybe more proper.Chongqing area:82,300 sq. km;population:30.9 million
It's a municipality as every chinese know well except you,an infamous troll. :weirdo: :bash:

Also,if Chongqing's called as a province,we can also say Beijing is a province,Tianjin is a province.Neither of them contains only one city,and my figure's just from a single city-the central districts of Chongqing.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Yubei district,the biggest boom town in Chongqing.Its GDP grows at 26.9% in the first quarter of this year! :runaway:

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Around Nanbin road,there are various restaurants and bars.Chongqing food is literally the most popular food in China. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Do you have a source on your population estimates? This source here:

http://www.mongabay.com/igapo/2005_world_city_populations/2005_urban_01.html

Rank Urban Pop [UN estimate] Urban area/City Country City Pop. Rank
9 12,759,367 Shanghai China 10,840,516 4
16 10,847,827 Beijing China 7,741,274 14
24 9,271,376 Tianjin China 5,083,657 30
47 4,881,757 Shenyang China 4,111,624 39
51 4,847,689 Chongqing China 4,865,499 32
65 3,886,934 Guangzhou China 4,056,025 40

...seems to indicate that it is much lower than you are implying it is. The only place I've seen the 12 million figure is on wikipedia, and they don't link to a source. In fact, even in that article, if you look over at the table on the right it still estimates the metro area population at around 4 million.

Population (2005) 31,220,000 (20th)
- Metropolitan area approx. 4 million
- Density 379/km² (10th)

There is also some evidence that different governmental bureaus release competing statistical sets, and that even governmental estimates may not really be all that reliable.

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/bell/psg/2005/00000046/00000004/art00002

The paper assesses major problems that have made China's urban population statistics confusing and temporally incomparable: lack of geographically standardized areas; absence of a set of consistent criteria for the enumeration of urban population in censuses; and availability of diverse sources of urban statistics published by different government agencies for different purposes. After identifying seven major sources for China's urban population statistics, the authors focus on serious problems with the urban population data collected, adjusted, and published by the National Bureau of Statistics. The need for frequent post-censal adjustments and questionable procedures used to derive intercensal annual urban population growth rates make these data unsatisfactory. The authors demonstrate that a different method of adjustment produces an urban population time series that is internally more consistent and coherent.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts