SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
With this one going up slightly taller than the new 10fl across the road, we are getting some real inner-city type density here - and with some style!

Sasol in the background, the Werksmans building just getting completed...this area is looking special.

·
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The area is indeed looking awesome! We have an entire row of shiny new buildings, as seen in that pic I posted to the Sandton Discussion thread :cheers:

However, I do have a big gripe with the area.

Every one of these buildings needs a residential component on the top floors. Mixed use development needs to be made mandatory! While the area is alive during the week, the streets are a lot less busy over the weekend.

·
Bloody Agent
3,462 Posts
The area is indeed looking awesome! We have an entire row of shiny new buildings, as seen in that pic I posted to the Sandton Discussion thread :cheers:

However, I do have a big gripe with the area.

Every one of these buildings needs a residential component on the top floors. Mixed use development needs to be made mandatory! While the area is alive during the week, the streets are a lot less busy over the weekend.
There is very little demand for high end residential at the moment. Developers aren't building.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Apartment blocks don't have to all be high-end. Developers could build for middle-income too...Not everyone living/working around Sandton is an uber-rich banker/lawyer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts