Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nation's oldest 10K: This is Decatur Street, New Orleans, 04/15/2006

Over twenty-thousand runners, joggers and walkers took to streets Saturday for the Crescent City Classic

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While we are on the subject, it may be fun to talk about big walks and runs in your city, with possible pics and dates of the races. The CCC is always in April in New Orleans.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is New Orleans really the only SE city that has a 10K? I thought there would be others. Maybe I should have put this thread on the United States forum.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm aware of the Boston Marathon...that's an awesome race!! But, truth be told, I'm very disappointed and ashamed of the SE...I really thought there were other cool races in the SE outside of the Crescent City Classic. I think if I put a link to this thread, in the national forum, I'll have better luck. Sometimes the SE is an embarrassment when it comes to doing the right things, sportswise...at least New Orleans hangs with the best of them when it comes to things like 10K's, golf, college football, pro football, pro basketball, arena football, etc....I get really tired of these SE braggers who have no meat behind their punch, when they brag on their cities.....

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
the south has shitloads of roadraces. my friend (an avid marathoner) has been all over the place. houston had its marathon back in january. we also have various shorter races as well. san antonio and dallas also have them. i would imagine other big SE cities like charlotte, birmingham and nashville have them as well.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jmancuso said:
the south has shitloads of roadraces. my friend (an avid marathoner) has been all over the place. houston had its marathon back in january. we also have various shorter races as well. san antonio and dallas also have them. i would imagine other big SE cities like charlotte, birmingham and nashville have them as well.
That's awesome...give us links and pics...that's all I've requested in this thread.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sean in New Orleans said:
I'm aware of the Boston Marathon...that's an awesome race!! But, truth be told, I'm very disappointed and ashamed of the SE...I really thought there were other cool races in the SE outside of the Crescent City Classic. I think if I put a link to this thread, in the national forum, I'll have better luck. Sometimes the SE is an embarrassment when it comes to doing the right things, sportswise...at least New Orleans hangs with the best of them when it comes to things like 10K's, golf, college football, pro football, pro basketball, arena football, etc....I get really tired of these SE braggers who have no meat behind their punch, when they brag on their cities.....
well given that it's 1 in the morning on Easter weekend, you probably won't get many responses right away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.