SkyscraperCity banner

8881 - 8900 of 10981 Posts

·
Registered
11,352 Posts
^^
I'm shocked and surprised that so many on here fell for Land Securities BS.

Yeah weren't they those chancers that proposed that open to the public roof terrace at One New Change and you know how that turned out don't ya.

The roof gardens have a dedicated lift separate from the offices and it is a planning condition for there to be public access. It will not be 100% access all of the time and that I imagine why CW have had LS redesign is to make it more agreeable to those wishing to hire the venue in the evenings.

Still its a cop out from the original plans but once you get CWG onboard thats what they do.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yeah weren't they those chancers that proposed that open to the public roof terrace at One New Change and you know how that turned out don't ya.

The roof gardens have a dedicated lift separate from the offices and it is a planning condition for there to be public access. It will not be 100% access all of the time and that I imagine why CW have had LS redesign is to make it more agreeable to those wishing to hire the venue in the evenings.

Still its a cop out from the original plans but once you get CWG onboard thats what they do.
Hilarious. You work for them no?

·
Registered
21,757 Posts
You work for them no?
Can you imagine how amazing it would be to have someone who worked for Land Securities on ssc? All that prized information, secret gossip, chatter and discussion about design development of projects that would get everyone here listening talking.

But of course, who needs that, when everyone on ssc knows better anyway?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Can you imagine how amazing it would be to have someone who worked for Land Securities on ssc? All that prized information, secret gossip, chatter and discussion about design development of projects that would get everyone here listening talking.
People are already talking. I wouldn't be very happy if my employees were divulging sensitive commercial information on an effing chat forum, so consequently, the people who happen to work for Land Securities on this forum (and they do exist) won't be making a song and dance about it, and they'll be very careful about not leaking any information, and rightly so.

Well we've got you, haven't we? :lol:

·
Registered
272 Posts

Dodgy lot those Land Security people. Allegedly they avoid paying tax!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why is it in Hungary? Could they not manufacture it here?
I am not surprised that near-shore manufacturing with shipment and then reassembly in situ is more cost-effective for something like this, which can be easily pre-fabricated. It's a standard sourcing process in so many sectors, don't see why it shouldn't be done in this case. . .

·
Let the Jam decide
2,016 Posts
I am not surprised that near-shore manufacturing with shipment and then reassembly in situ is more cost-effective for something like this, which can be easily pre-fabricated. It's a standard sourcing process in so many sectors, don't see why it shouldn't be done in this case. . .
Just because it would be nice if it was made in the UK and supporting UK manufacturing jobs which we desperately need.

8881 - 8900 of 10981 Posts