Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Borat Sagdiev
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006 Buffalo Sabres Playoff PHOTO Thread! POST YOUR PHOTOS HERE!

2006 Buffalo Sabres Playoff Photo Thread!

While I have been at game 1 and game 2 and have tickets in hand for the rest of round 1 and round 2, so i figured it was about time one of us posted some of our pics that we have taken at the games! Here are some various shots i took from games 1 and 2.

Feel free to snag any for personal use, i.e. Wallpaper...

THE HIT!!! - Best hit I have ever seen in 23 years of watching hockey _ KARUBA COLLISSION!!!!

The Insinuating Brawl

Unfortunatly I managed to catch a goal with my camera, just on the wrong net!

Gordious Hockey Fans!

This Man has been a Sabres Season ticket holder for 33 years.

This couple drives 1.5 hours for every game, much like myself.

The Game 1 First Star

GAME 2

Are You Ready?

They Were!

Sabretooth Was!

They Sorta Were - Love the hard hats!

Goalie Robert Esche gets in a fight

Lone Flyer Faithful

One of my favorite shots ever!

More Action Shots

My Seat/View! - This is the seat I watch the Sabres from some 40+ times a year!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
yo omg...the black guy sitting there, I talk to him at my train stop (Theater) everytime I go to a game. He came up to me and said he was Mike Grier's dad, then said he was lying, then went on a rant about how blacks are starting to take over the NHL. hahaha

·
Borat Sagdiev
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bjfan82 said:
yo omg...the black guy sitting there, I talk to him at my train stop (Theater) everytime I go to a game. He came up to me and said he was Mike Grier's dad, then said he was lying, then went on a rant about how blacks are starting to take over the NHL. hahaha

That would make sense, his name is clyde, volenteer at Shea's Buffalo. Season ticket holder for 33 years, I sit next to him every game.. actually go for beer with him too at the Irish Times before the games often.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
That's sensational that the black guy has season's tickets. I'd like to see more of African Americans get into hockey.

I LOVE Sabretooth, maybe someday, he'll hoist up the Stanley Cup. A loveable mascot.

Man, Umberger looks like Wile E. Coyote after he fell off a cliff, or Sylvester the cat after an anvil conked him. LOL!

I don't mean to spoil anything, but apparently Keith Primeau has started practising and could be back for the series, WTF? I thought he was out for the season!

I'll check my budget and if the Sabres advance to the next round, and if my budget suits, I might just come to a playoff game in Buffalo! :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
This thread depresses me. Not because I dislike hockey or the Sabres but because the Bruins owner is such a TOOL it's sickening. If he tried to run the organization worse, it would be impossible.

Great pics though, I've never been to that arena looks like a great place to see a game. Buffalo is a good team, I think they'll go pretty far this year.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
^^ At least the Bruins aren't run by Harold Ballard. You would have traded Thornton, Samsonov, and others a loooong time ago, say when their initial contracts expired (or earlier) and they became too "damaging" to the bottom line. I mean look - it's been decades and Leafs fans still overpay to see a cruddy team.

Though Jeremy Jacobs is a Buffalonian, East Aurora to be exact. Maybe it's a conspiracy....

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Jaybird said:
That's sensational that the black guy has season's tickets. I'd like to see more of African Americans get into hockey.
I wanna see more women get into the hockey spirit. Hockey chicks are the hottest imo. Btw, Briere's girlfriend was sitting about 6 or 7 rows below me near the bench and she was smokin' hot.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Don't like it? Don't read it.

Not enough intelligence on sports message boards to make it worth it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
pdxheel said:
Find a sports message board to post on.
It's clearly marked in the Title as a sports themed photo thread. If you aren't interested, don't open it.

There are views of the building that interest me beyond just the action shots, concidering I've never been to Buffalo or the HSBC Arena it was new to me.

Get over yourself, please.

·
Registered
170 Posts
sargeantcm said:
^^ At least the Bruins aren't run by Harold Ballard. You would have traded Thornton, Samsonov, and others a loooong time ago, say when their initial contracts expired (or earlier) and they became too "damaging" to the bottom line. I mean look - it's been decades and Leafs fans still overpay to see a cruddy team.

Though Jeremy Jacobs is a Buffalonian, East Aurora to be exact. Maybe it's a conspiracy....
They might as well have traded those guys long ago, because to have them and then let them go for basically nothing was a slap in the face. Bostonians have been supporting the team pretty well for the crap that has been thrown at us by the ownership group and you could tell from the trades of Joe and Sammy that it probably won't continue unless they figure out how to run an organization. It wasn't the trading of the stars that pissed people off, it was what we got in return for them.

And if I were from Buffalo, I wouldn't admit Jacobs was from there. He's hated by everyone here, people have actually vowed to never go to a game unless there's new ownership. Concidering he has a Tower planned next to the Garden, I'm not sure he's going anywhere...which is a shame.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
bjfan82 said:
I wanna see more women get into the hockey spirit. Hockey chicks are the hottest imo. Btw, Briere's girlfriend was sitting about 6 or 7 rows below me near the bench and she was smokin' hot.
I always found the female Sabres fans to be quite attractive! Esp. at some of the games I was at in Buffalo. Pittsburgh has some attractive ones there as well.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
BostonSkyGuy said:
And if I were from Buffalo, I wouldn't admit Jacobs was from there. He's hated by everyone here, people have actually vowed to never go to a game unless there's new ownership. Concidering he has a Tower planned next to the Garden, I'm not sure he's going anywhere...which is a shame.
That was something I never connected until recently. His name has been thrown around as a potential buyer (as part of a group) of the Bills once Ralph eventually kicks the bucket.

Yeah, I thought of the Bruins first thing after hearing that lol.

·
Registered
170 Posts
sargeantcm said:
That was something I never connected until recently. His name has been thrown around as a potential buyer (as part of a group) of the Bills once Ralph eventually kicks the bucket.

Yeah, I thought of the Bruins first thing after hearing that lol.
I hope he does actually buy the Bills. Then maybe he'll realize he can make more money in the NFL being the worst owner as opposed to doing the same in the NHL.

Of course it won't be good for you Bills fans, but I'm willing to sacrifice. :tongue3:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Ehh, we've been going nowhere for a while now. I'd welcome direction, even if it's down. Then at least you know what to expect lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts