SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ahmoi with Matador
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've hiked from the Alexandra Arch, Forest walk, Henderson Waves, Mount Faber and down to the Marang trail.

IIRC, it took me about 2 hours and it's quite tiring as you are ascending most of the time.

HTH.

Lovely collection

How long does it take to navigate the journey? Where was your start point and end point?

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
That is definitely a sizeable area, considering its not flat. I see that you passed by the Gillman Village too. I think such a walk would be great in the early morning / evening :)

·
Ahmoi with Matador
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be a good walk in the morning.

I've passed by Gillman Village and it is an under develop area right now.

People near the area have to go to Buona Vista or Harbourfront for lunch. I hope that the area will be quickly developed.

·
means tortoise in malay
2,576 Posts
I've hiked from the Alexandra Arch, Forest walk, Henderson Waves, Mount Faber and down to the Marang trail.

IIRC, it took me about 2 hours and it's quite tiring as you are ascending most of the time.

HTH.
u need more training!

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
LOL

@xtemujin

I'm afraid it seems unlikely that Gillman Village will be developed anytime soon. In the latest Masterplan, it has been zoned to Reserve. Furthermore, it is a nice and quaint place with some historical structures and is one of the attractions that's supposed to be part of the fun of Southern Ridges trail. I'll post some pics of it. In fact I think some buildings there can be conserved.

For the lunch crowd, that place isnt too far away from Bukit Merah Central??

·
Success and Happiness
6,696 Posts
RafflesCity, Gillman Village is far for 1 hour lunch unless someone drives... :p

I'm going to try the Southern Ridges next Thursday if the weather permits! Anyone interested to join me? Starting from Alexandra Bridge at 5pm and to reach Vivocity by 7pm. 2 hours enough right, xtemujin? :)

·
Ahmoi with Matador
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RafflesCity,

I'm not sure if Gillman Village is happening at night. But during the day, it's a dead area.

Hyacinthus,

It's gonna be dark when you reach the Marang trail but you can go for your dinner at Vivocity.

Yes, it's roughly 2 hours if you are sightseeing.

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
@hya

I think xtemujin was referring to people working in that area going for lunch. For the offices at Alexandra Point, I think Bukit Merah/IKEA area is a short drive or bus-ride down the road.

@xtemujin

Yeah from a visit to the area, it seems that some of the businesses there cater to the evening wine and dine crowd. However, there are also some offices and a kindergarten there. A mixed bag, really. However my point is that the area itself is pretty much undeveloped, with lots of greenery and a charm of its own, that offers an urban escape. It would likely be an attraction on the Southern Ridges trail for this reason. Maybe a small hotel in there might be a good idea.

Anyway, some pics from Gillman Village to share.

Rustic-looking bridge

Lush greenery abounds

An old colonial style military building

·
Ahmoi with Matador
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.