SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Boxes rule
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A proposal for building Sweden's tallest skyscraper at Telefonplan in Stockholm has been announced today by Wingardhs architects and SSM property company.

:banana:

Note! No political discussion nor decission has taken place yet! Still long way to go... Critical people living in the area are already calling to Radio Stockholm :bash:

Info from http://www.wingardhs.se:

At http://www.skyskrapan.se you can propose a name for the new skyskraper!

You can also see these renderings:

And the views from the skyscraper:

General info about the re-development of the Telefonplan industrial area can be found here (Swedish only): http://www.telefonplan.nu/

A note from the Swedish daily Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish):

DN 18 maj 15:50

Stockholm kan få Sveriges högsta hus
Mer än 200 meter högt och med 350 lägenheter. Så tänker sig arkitekten Gert Wingårdh att Sveriges högsta hus ska gestalta sig. Telefonplan är den tänkta adressen.

Sveriges högsta, och Europas näst högsta, bostadshus är för närvarande Turning Torso i Malmö, som skjuter upp 190 meter över Öresund. Skandinaviens högsta byggnad är Öresundsbrons pelare, med 204 meter.

Nu kan Stockholm överglänsa dem båda. Det hoppas arkitekten Gert Wingårdh, som vill bygga en skyskrapa som ska bli över 200 meter hög vid Telefonplan i södra Stockholm. Skyskrapan, som än så länge är i planeringsstadiet, skulle innehålla 350 lägenheter.

Omfattande byggverksamhet pågår redan runt Telefonplan, totalt ska 2.000 lägenheter byggas i området.

·
Boxes rule
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's cool :) Looks like a chimney of the Ericsson building.

·
\m/
1,515 Posts
Great that they are planning something atleast, but I think it's too slim! And the design is a bit commieblockish..

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yea, w ell they have been thinking of building something like that scince Malmö got their turning torso and this is the best they come up with!!!!!!!!!Scandal!

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
Well one shouldn't complain when supertalls (for S&B) are planned, but that building is quite ugly. Or well, not really ugly, but... boring. Stockholm might beat Malmö in height, but seen to the architecture TT is waaay better. But I want as many skyscrapers as possible built, so I'm for it!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you want to build really tall in Scandinavia, it has to be something really special (like TT) in order for the NIMBYs not to shoot it down. This design is not going to make it, I think, since it's not much different than a tall chimney from afar.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is very ugly. :no: Yes, it is tall but it is still standing there alone and design is very bad! There should be build few lower high-rises and design of this 200m building should be better. Then that area would look much better. Only good thing on that building is that it is tall.

·
Expert
933 Posts
Welcome back michau! Long time no see!

I don't think the scraper looks ther bad, it could have a way better design, But i think here we need to be happy with whatever we get or we will never get anything, thanks to Nibmy idiots and noone wanting to construct.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
i personally find it HORRIBLY ugly... i love the idea of building a 200m skyscraper! :drool:

But this is rediculous!! It looks like a damn peice of spaghetti! I've seen a few square-shaped skyscrapers which can look nice, but this is way too slim.. and boring!

I say no! TRY AGAIN!

·
Zug->für 'ne bessere welt
7,759 Posts
Build it! Just build it!

Nimbys abound here...

We must keep ignoring those idiots and just build it!

...Unfortunately, many of those nimbys are our politicians that WE elect. :sleepy:

They just have to build it :gaah:, at least it's something! That would hopefully make way for Stockholm's first real skyscraper boom :yes: .

...Build skyscrapers = densify the city = make the city grow vertically and not horizontally as Stockholm almost always has grown.

+ Invest in public transportation. We need more new tram lines, new tvärbana extentions and tube extensions as well.

Ps. sadly the design of that skyscraper is very modern swedish, tooo commieblockish that is.

·
Toldosaurus Rex
78 Posts
*Returning briefly from his self-imposed exile*

I'm all for building skyscrapers in Stockholm, yessir, but that thing is HIDEOUS! Back to the drawing board with you, lads!

·
NWO Henchman
1,018 Posts
Not a great fan; but hey - disregarding TT, boxyness and sharp angles have been pretty familiar tunes around here for quite some time.

I'm afraid it's food for nimbys......

btw *shrudder* I notice how just talking about nimbys makes my eyes sparkle with black dots..... grrrrr :bleep:

·
forumer #29
4,854 Posts
Design: 5/10
Boring. Really boring. Even Trump World Tower is more interesting (it ain't square). The simplicity of the design can look damn sweet tho, if done right. And this looks to have decent prospects for that.

Not near any other tall buildings which isn't good, but right by a subway station which is of the good. Not only for giving transit options to residents but also for setting a precedent (together with KST) for building really tall right by subway stations. It is kinda out-of-way too, no real transit hub or big shopping/office center right there afaik.

Chances: 3/10
Nimbies will have a field day with this one. The only thing that helps it is how slender it is - less shadow (perenniel problem for skyscrapers with nimbys)

btw - Kista in da house! we gotta top this. Can't let those freaky Southsiders take the crown. Re-do KRT into a 210m design, pronto!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think the building needs a more spectacular design to make the Stockholmers highrise loving. This could be intimidating to people who havn't thought of the prospects of building skyscrapers in Stockholm.
However, I think the next skyscraper should be built in South Stockholm :D
Perhaps slakhusområdet (by Globen) would be a better location.. Go South :cheers:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.