Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6181 - 6200 of 12874 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
TEXT-Nice Systems gets deal with Delhi police

Sept 13 - NICE Systems Ltd (NASDAQ: NICE), the worldwide leader of intent-based solutions that extract insight to impact business performance, reduce financial risk and ensure safety and security, today announced that India's HCL Security, NICE's strategic partner and the project's prime contractor, will be implementing NICE's integrated security solution at India's Delhi Police.

NICE will enable Delhi Police with an integrated command, control, coordination and communication center (C4i) solution to meet operational requirements for the upcoming October 2010 Commonwealth Games 2010 and beyond.

Delhi Police selected HCL-NICE consortium through competitive bidding in anticipation of the 2010 Commonwealth Games to manage and enhance the police response to security events.

The Commonwealth Games is a multi-sport event with participants representing the fifty-four independent states that are members of the Commonwealth of Nations.

The Delhi Police will implement the NICE solutions to fuse data from multiple systems and sensors, dispersed across 45 sites throughout the city, including sporting venues, metro stations, markets and police stations.

The pre-integrated NICE solution is based on NICE Situator, NICE's situation management solution. NICE Situator offers broad interoperability with many third party solutions for video analytics, video surveillance systems, Tetra (Terrestrial Trunked Radio) IP network for public safety, and GIS, among others.

This approach delivers a single, holistic operational view and enhances real-time response by automating procedures, as well as information sharing.

The NICE solution also enables comprehensive debriefing by full reconstruction of an event and response to it, leveraging NICE Inform incident information management solution and NICE screen encoders for screen capture of the command and control room's inputs during security events.

A senior officer at Delhi Police said, "We are proud that Delhi is hosting this year's Commonwealth Games. At the same time, this means that our police force has the great responsibility for ensuring the safety and security of our visiting athletes, international and local government officials, and millions of sport fans.

"To achieve these goals in the most professional and reliable way we selected HCL-NICE consortium, which was the only vendor who could provide us with an open solution that enables situation management that integrates with such a great number of security systems, providing us with real-time capabilities for handling security events throughout the entire city, should they occur."

"We are pleased to have been selected for this project and help the Delhi Police protect the participants and attendees of the 2010 Commonwealth Games, as well as the Delhi residents beyond the games," said Israel Livnat, President, NICE Security Group.

"The city of Delhi will be responsible for the security of attendees and participants from all over the world at the force's command and control center and headquarters, making this project all the more important for representing the Delhi Police professionalism and leading edge capabilities.

"With our previous success in India, and all over the world, in deploying large-scale security management solutions with complex implementations, we are proud to partner with Delhi Police in ensuring the safety and security of its city's residents and guests."

·
Registered
705 Posts
All the facilities look superb and the way the games village has turned out is stuff of dreams.

The way the media has changed it's rhetoric is astounding, which has got me thinking. Could it be that Kalmadi and the media colluded to present very negative picture of the games to the clueless masses at first, only to change tack as the games draw closer? I mean, could they have decided together that negative publicity is the best way to get people's attention initially? Someone has stated how the media's volte-face is reminiscent of what the American media tends to do ( this could be a well established method of grabbing people's attention, right?). Do correct me if I am getting too far ahead of myself. If you look at the pattern this doubt does creep in, also the way the media is even using words like "world class" in a typical Kalmadi fashion seems almost ironic.

·
Sagar
4,817 Posts

·
Satyamev Jayate
252 Posts
Just saw the opening ceremony trials at JLN stadium on DD News. They were trying to lift a mannequin through wires hanging from aerostat. Roof was acquiring different colours. Mannequin looked something like dummies used in puppet shows(somewhat Rajasthani puppet). I think they will show it again in sports news tomorrow. Catch it at 1:00 pm tomorrow. Don't know if it has been shown on other channels since I didn't see it on any other news channel.:cheers::cheers::banana::banana:

·
Registered
28,982 Posts
Just saw the opening ceremony trials at JLN stadium on DD News. They were trying to lift a mannequin through wires hanging from aerostat. Roof was acquiring different colours. Mannequin looked something like dummies used in puppet shows(somewhat Rajasthani puppet). I think will show it again in sports news tomorrow. Catch it at 1:00 pm tomorrow. Don't know if it has been shown on other channels since I didn't see it on any other channel.:cheers::cheers::banana::banana:

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
I'm getting the feeling that for the opening ceremony they're going to tell the story of india ( or something similar) through puppets....

·
Sagar
4,817 Posts

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Yes because if you see, the design on the balloon makes it look like a mini stage and the mannequins remind of rajasthani puppets. I think they're gonna use them as like a commentary and underneath them all the history will be carried out... I did read an article long months ago that marwari horses have been sent to delhi from jodhpur for the opening ceremony etc so it seems like this is what they're going to do...

·
Sagar
4,817 Posts

The Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium is ready for the Commonwealth Games.

Bathed in lights, immediately after a spell of showers on Monday evening, the stadium looked colourful and impressive.

Sprucing up was going on in several areas and finishing touches may yet take some more days, but officials allayed doubts about the firmness of the infield that had caused some anxiety earlier.

Cave-ins across the areas where a tunnel had been dug to accommodate a late request from people handling ceremonies had necessitated repairs on the track and had raised concerns about serious damage if rains did not abate.

Rains have continued, but the ground has been rolled after putting in 60 truck-loads of sand and mud to not only firm it up but also to plug eroded portions of the depressed areas.

ANOTHER ‘CONDUCTED TOUR'

A large group of mediapersons was given entry into the stadium on Monday, on yet another ‘conducted tour', like the one the previous day to four venues, by the Organising Committee (OC).

The Rs 40-crore-aerostat, now raised to 30 metres from its trial position of 10 metres, dominated the skies above as the stadium presented a breathtaking picture on Monday.

A puppet, hanging from the aerostat that will be used for a variety of purposes during the ceremonies, with A.R. Rahman's theme song of “Oh Yaaro…” in the background, set the tempo for television crews, cameramen and reporters.

The puppet will be part of the opening ceremony,” an official said. It was not supposed to be displayed before the media.

Almost the whole ground has been protected by layers of rubberised material and other synthetic stuff. The ground will have to take the load of a variety of vehicles apart from a stage for the opening ceremony in the coming days.

NEED FOR PROTECTION

The track will need protection all through till the opening ceremony gets over. The infield will be re-laid with fresh turf brought from Hapur, U.P., within a 48-hour period after the opening.

The giant screen has been erected; it will have to be tested and re-tested. The smaller scoreboard, positioned awkwardly on the south side, is still under construction.

The Press Box is almost ready. After having started with just chairs, it is now fitted with tables. The spacious alley will be a striking feature of the box.
http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/article634200.ece

media has suddenly gone :nuts:

·
India under construction.
4,193 Posts
that's how they're dressed.. have you not ever seen ravan ka putla? also the mughals use to dress like this.
kathputlis dont look like that
. here is how they normally dress http://cdn2.ioffer.com/img/item/212/858/16/8e_1.JPG

the mughal type dress is put on ravan because it is easy to make.
to me the beard is only thing that makes him man, otherwise it is totally a female.

6181 - 6200 of 12874 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.