SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Resident Meteorologist
1,355 Posts
Since the 1st preseason game was played thought it is time for this :)
God Damn Russell Wilson looked like a superstar veteran QB. HOWEVER, keep in mind that he WAS playing against Tennessee's 2nd and 3rd string players but if he can play like he did on Saturday against first string players come the regular season then HELL YEA buddy :)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
This is the most excited I've been for a season since Holmgren's final year (in which we ended up going 4-12). Our defense could be dominant while the offense will be an upgrade over last year. I'm expecting 9-10 wins and hopefully a wild card berth if not a division championship. Go Seahawks!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
God Damn Russell Wilson looked like a superstar veteran QB. HOWEVER, keep in mind that he WAS playing against Tennessee's 2nd and 3rd string players but if he can play like he did on Saturday against first string players come the regular season then HELL YEA buddy :)
I agree, just reverse the order, or at least 1st quarter than let Flynn in 2nd quarter providing they put in some 1st stringer receivers to see how he handles down field. 2nd half would be more to look at other positions and let Tarvaris get some time in......

·
Avant Garde
3,807 Posts
Next to the Chargers, the Seahawks have always been my favorite football team.

Really dig the new uniforms too.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seahawks 30 Broncos 10. Wilson was again awesome. Even though Flynn is regarded as the starter, Wilson is going to make it difficult to make that final decision. The defense was incredible...........think this could finally be a fun season for all of us :)

·
Resident Meteorologist
1,355 Posts
Seahawks 30 Broncos 10. Wilson was again awesome. Even though Flynn is regarded as the starter, Wilson is going to make it difficult to make that final decision. The defense was incredible...........think this could finally be a fun season for all of us :)
Ya know, for all the naysayers out there who say that Russel Wilson should not have the starting QB Job, he sure as hell is silencing the critics so far and doing so in a big way. This kid so far in just two games has solidified my belief that he and NOT Flynn can manage and lead this team to victory week after week after week. The defense is getting better and the offense although still not top notch is doing a better job of pocket protection but having a QB like Russel who can scramble once the pocket collapses is KEY to winning football games, this kid has starting QB written all over him, not to mention that when he scrambles he ACTUALLY moves the FUCKING chains, Unlike Flynn, unlike Tavaris and unlike Hasslebeck.

If I were Pete Carrol ( and I'm not ) My decision for who gets the starting QB job would be solidified by a repeat performance by Wilson next week against Kansas city.

·
Resident Meteorologist
1,355 Posts
This is the most excited I've been for a season since Holmgren's final year (in which we ended up going 4-12). Our defense could be dominant while the offense will be an upgrade over last year. I'm expecting 9-10 wins and hopefully a wild card berth if not a division championship. Go Seahawks!
2012 will the year the Seahawks return to the Division Winner Pedestal

Mark My Words buddy!!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'm not saying the Seahawks won't be good, but preseason is almost meaningless. I'm pretty sure it was the rams who went 4-0 in preseason and then finished the season 2-14. Every team goes about preseason different. Some keep their starters in most of the game some don't. Some teams experiment and will have a guard play tackle for a series or a large linebacker as a defensive end. Some teams don't have a game plan and just want to see if a rookie has any surprises and other teams go all out trying to win.

·
Resident Meteorologist
1,355 Posts
Well, Pete Caroll's stock just went up BIG TIME with me...

Oh, you haven't heard, Pete finally took his head out of his ass and is starting Russel Wilson against Kansas City ( 1st string ) I haven't been this excited since the hawks made it to the Super Bowl, MY GOD, this team has so many weapons and potential this year that one CANT help but feel like a kid on X-mas morning.

If this kid performs the way he has in the 2 preseason games already then I think it's a safe bet to say that Wilson will be our starting QB going into the regular season with Flynn watching from the sidelines.

Oh and here's another safe bet, Tavaris Jackson will be out of a job by week 4 or 5

VERY GOOD TIME to be a Hawks fan :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seattle 44 Kansas City 14 Even though it is preseason it is looking good. Wilson did not disappoint. He was decisive , accurate, and calm under pressure. He was damn good. The defense was smothering, they scored twice. Even TO finally caught one.........all in all a good night. :banana:

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
I want to get all excited, I really do. I just...can't. I've watched the 'hawks shit the bed and roll in it too many times to be fooled by preseason magic.

I'm really hoping this holds but it'll be such classic Seattle if they suck when it matters.

·
Buy used books
3,187 Posts
Tawk about wiltin' n dahin lak a yella rose on a too-hot day.

I don't mean Texas any ill will (as a former myself,) but it sure was nice to beat them soundly.

·
Registered
8,486 Posts
Love the new uni's.

I'm here @ the Mariners game (it's in the bottom of the 17th inning), so i figured i'd give you guys a shoutout......lol.
Next to the Chargers, the Seahawks have always been my favorite football team.

Really dig the new uniforms too.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts