SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Resident Meteorologist
1,355 Posts
Hawks should not have won, plain and simple.....

Russel Wilson is the first QB in NFL history to throw a game winning interception

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
Its stupid to pretend one bad call affected that outcome. It was a STRING of bad calls.

They had 8 sacks and held them to 12 points! Of course they deserved to win! They put up one hell of an effort. The refs just fucked up big time on both sides and in the end it fell in our favor but it was their overall game effort that made it possible.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I don't give a damn. The hawks have been royally screwed by the refs on far more important games than the 3rd of the season to make me feel guilty of this. Especially when the rule is so vague to begin with.

·
Journeyman
16,424 Posts
Payback for the superbowl.

I walked away in disgust after the interception with three minutes to go. Nice surprise to see the same score and driving a minute later, then the good D, then the short field. I was almost predicting the same result as the other game with several failed passes into the end zone. I'll take it.

·
Correspondent
8,276 Posts
Payback for the superbowl.

I walked away in disgust after the interception with three minutes to go. Nice surprise to see the same score and driving a minute later, then the good D, then the short field. I was almost predicting the same result as the other game with several failed passes into the end zone. I'll take it.
Just curious here. Payback to whom?

·
Journeyman
16,424 Posts
To those bastards that did all the stuff!

Actually the super blow officials I guess. Maybe our win will get their jobs back....oh wait.

This doesn't have to make sense. They caused pain, whoever they are, and I want some theys to pay.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
:eek:hno: --> the refs

Manipulating the outcome of a game is wrong, no matter what. All it shows is money talks louder than sound principles.

·
Journeyman
16,424 Posts
What manipulation? I haven't heard any theory other than they saw it wrong and are generally unprepared for the pro game.

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
^^I believe he was taking a stab at the well worn adage of "The officials shouldn't be the one deciding the outcome of games" Which always sounded like the officials are intentionally altering the outcome of the game to me, when it really means "you shouldn't get a win because the official effed up"

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Does anyone, including the media, not even care that the seahawks defense completely crushed the packers? Who gives a hoot about one play in a week 3 game. The seahawks held one of the most prolific scoring offenses to 12 points, we deserved to win.

·
Resident Meteorologist
1,355 Posts
Does anyone, including the media, not even care that the seahawks defense completely crushed the packers? Who gives a hoot about one play in a week 3 game. The seahawks held one of the most prolific scoring offenses to 12 points, we deserved to win.
AMEN, not to mention that Rodgers was sacked EIGHT TIMES!!!

·
Journeyman
16,424 Posts
That's like 26 for 47 including the sacks. Add some success on QB scrambles and it still was middlin' on pass plays.

·
Buy used books
3,187 Posts
To those bastards that did all the stuff!

Actually the super blow officials I guess. Maybe our win will get their jobs back....oh wait.

This doesn't have to make sense. They caused pain, whoever they are, and I want some theys to pay.
As m said so well and I couldn't agree more.

It was on Every Program today - from The View to Greta, and they're all upset. Good.! All the blown calls over the years. All the Beau Jacksons. All those other embarrassing MNF's.

·
Resident Meteorologist
1,355 Posts
In completely unrelated news, Bill Belichick has been fine 50,000 for contact with a ref after Sundays' loss to the Raven's.

There IS A GOD!!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I appreciate the defense, Bouldergrad, but I stand by what I said.

We're talking about paid and professional career-oriented refs, not just random volunteers, it shouldn't be an issue of lack of preparation for any reason.

I generally don't think this is true for most sports, but with this particular game if it weren't for a few really bad calls, I wouldn't have even mentioned it. Normally a goof that big in any professional field might mean the pink slip or at least an apology for a terrible call, but at this point I don't expect to hear anything from the refs nor their community on this one.

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
I appreciate the defense, Bouldergrad, but I stand by what I said.

We're talking about paid and professional career-oriented refs, not just random volunteers, it shouldn't be an issue of lack of preparation for any reason.

I generally don't think this is true for most sports, but with this particular game if it weren't for a few really bad calls, I wouldn't have even mentioned it. Normally a goof that big in any professional field might mean the pink slip or at least an apology for a terrible call, but at this point I don't expect to hear anything from the refs nor their community on this one.

Why would they when the NFL has already released a statement supporting the call on the field?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
This ref won't be able to because he just pissed off an entire team and their fan base. Even many Hawks fans (myself included) feel ambivalent to the whole thing.

·
Resident Meteorologist
1,355 Posts
Piss poor, and I mean PISS POOR performance from the hawks today....

Teams are starting to learn about Wilson's lack of height and exploiting the hell out of it, today's game is a perfect example.

21 - 40 of 110 Posts