SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I think it is time to revive this thread.................Fantastic game tonight! 42-13......:banana:

·
Journeyman
16,431 Posts
What a comforting feeling it is to draft well. Just keeps on giving.

Regarding points, I wonder if any Seahawks team has scored 100 in a three-game stretch. To do 150 is off the charts.

Not complacent though.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I believe the 150 points scored in 3 games is the 2nd highest number of points in NFL history. I have been looking for the stats on that and haven't found it yet. I did find this 1st team to score this many points in 3 games in 62 years and currently #2 in score differential. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121224010706AAOi6v2

It was bugging me so I found the stats..........the last time the point differential was 120 points in 3 games was when the 42 Bears did it in a perfect 11-0 season. 38-7 , 42 -0, and 47 - 0. The bad news is they lost the championship game 14 -6 to the Redskins

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I jumped through the roof about 10 times during Sherman's TD run after the blocked FG.

Top 3 play in Seahawks history? Admittadly I've onlny been following for about 10 years so someone will know better.

4) 3 missed Giants game winning FGs

3) Bryant FG block and TD vs 49ers

2) Romo botched snap

1) Duh

·
Journeyman
16,431 Posts
When I was a kid counting trees in Boise, we came back to Seattle for Christmas in 1983, which was to Seattle what 1995 was to the Mariners, sorta. We made the playoffs for the first time. I don't remember the specifics, but the city was rocking. The Nordstroms owned the team, and had TVs set up in the store. Guys like Kreig, Largent, and Easley kicking ass. Were there some plays? Hell if I know. The earliest actual plays I remember were in 1984, when we ran four interceptions back for TDs against KC, totaling about 250 yards between them, and won 45-0.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
When I was a kid counting trees in Boise, we came back to Seattle for Christmas in 1983, which was to Seattle what 1995 was to the Mariners, sorta. We made the playoffs for the first time. I don't remember the specifics, but the city was rocking. The Nordstroms owned the team, and had TVs set up in the store. Guys like Kreig, Largent, and Easley kicking ass. Were there some plays? Hell if I know. The earliest actual plays I remember were in 1984, when we ran four interceptions back for TDs against KC, totaling about 250 yards between them, and won 45-0.
Haha, showing my status as a fan. Looks like my decade of following isn't all there is to account for. Kind of sad the old days of the Seahawks, Sonics and Huskies are kind of forgotten by younger generations.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Come on Seattle, come to Green Bay and they'll show you how to ACTUALLY win a game ;) no fake refs this time, Seaducks :lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Either way, I doubt these blow out games will continue. I'd be willing to bet they'll knocked out on Wild Card Weekend. RGIII and the Redskins will kill em.

·
Correspondent
8,276 Posts
Come on Seattle, come to Green Bay and they'll show you how to ACTUALLY win a game ;) no fake refs this time, Seaducks :lol:
Will the Packers be playing their "real" offensive line or the one that got manhandled by the Seahawks? To think that Green Bay has a chance of going anywhere this year with Aaron Rodgers on his back constantly is just delusional.

·
1,980 Posts
Either way, I doubt these blow out games will continue. I'd be willing to bet they'll knocked out on Wild Card Weekend. RGIII and the Redskins will kill em.
Wow, we got GB trolls coming over here talking trash on a Skyscraper forum? If you want to talk some smack, head over to Seahawks.net. That's my favorite Hawk community on the web. As far as RG3 and the Skins go, they don't scare me at all. They barely beat the Eagles this past weekend while we annihilated a team that many regarded as the best in the league. We've had some bad losses on the road but that was earlier in the season and right now we are the hottest team in the league.

·
Resident Meteorologist
1,355 Posts
Oh HELL NO, you did not JUST come onto OUR board and start talking shit about our hawks WE are the most feared team in the entire NFL RIGHT NOW,NO ONE wants to play us, even your Packers who look to either be the #2 or #3 seed.... You better hope SF wins on Sunday or else we are likely coming to your house to play you and walk out with the WIN, you should be happy that we beat the 49'ers as it was us paying you back " so to speak " for the MNF football game you guys say we stole from you as us beating SF helped with your seeding so far. As far as I am concerned, you need to keep your mouth shut until you know for a fact that there will be a SEA - GB game in the playoffs. Until then... go have a couple slices of cheese and a nice glass of STFU for right now.... Thank You!!!

41 - 60 of 110 Posts