SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Transit Photographer
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally begun.

2-2 draw to Club America in front of 43,000 on a Tuesday night? Not so bad.

Being down 2 away goals to Azteca? Pretty bad.

Jordan Morris showed some great stuff out on the field, including a shot that was barely saved off the line by Azetca's keeper.

And the new turf looks great:

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Yeah, we looked really good at times despite being our first game and with a bunch of new and young players, the field seems great, entertaining match over all. But those two away goals will be brutal to overcome.

·
Transit Photographer
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Timelapse of turf installation:

You can see just how deep the Seahawks paint is on the field. The logos are unnecessary and don't even serve a damn purpose, so we should ban them before the Seahawks season starts.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I'm a hawks fan as well, but would mind no end zone logos at all, some teams have none and it looks fine to me. Though I do understand why they have them, in soccer they have no ad breaks so they sell sideline board and jersey space for advertising, they essentially are the advertisement themselves. In American Football the ads are seperated and the team uses the game play to advertise themselves, those are essential jersey/hat/flag/12 whatever ads that everyone sees every Sunday and then in highlights forever. Diversifying revenue streams....

·
Transit Photographer
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The NFL could really use some sideline ads, given that people just stand around anyway. Build a few inward-swinging doors and you're set.

The Seahawks logo at the half mark (50 yard line) is the worst offender of them all, though, since it fades into the turf and is visible for a lot of screen time.

·
Transit Photographer
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, this season isn't starting off on the right foot.

I missed most of yesterday's game while traveling home (stuck in I-5 traffic) and I'm kind of glad I did. I can't stand referee BS.

·
Transit Photographer
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Transit Photographer
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know why I even bother watching this team anymore. It's the same old lazy play from the same players.

I'd rather go through a year or two of reconstruction under a new coach and staff under this point.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
After that miserable performance on Sunday, Sigi is out.

Additionally, Uruguayan international Nicolas Lodeiro has arrived in Seattle, and is expected to be introduced as the new Designated Player tomorrow.

Let's see if these changes make any impact on this season, or if they're just building for the future.

Oh, and former Sounder Alvaro Fernandez is also rumored to be on his way back.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
^^Unrelated note, The sounders finally got themselves some padded racing seat benches now instead of the aluminium high school bleachers benches they've had from the beginning. Joining the big time! Anyone have pictures?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.