SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1459 Posts

·
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the filing of the CoCs for the 2019 Midterm Elections now happening, I think its time to start a new Elections thread. Please post all things relating to the 2019 elections for Congressman, Senators, Governors and LGUs.

Note that Civic / LGU elections in particular are very relevant to Skyscrapercity so for those topics, you may also post in the appropriate City discussion threads. I anticipate the hottest LGU discussions will be in Manila (Erap vs Lim vs Isko), Makati City (Abby vs Junjun Binay), and possibly Pasay City (Cunetas returning to power).

This thread will be monitored very carefully and again, forumers who participate mostly in political discussions while not participating much in urban discussions will be sanctioned. New accounts who go straight to the election thread, regardless of political leanings, will be banned on sight!

Also a reminder, Skyscrapercity is first and foremost an urban enthusiasts forum where genuine members love infrastructure projects, things like "BUILD BUILD BUILD" and despise "TEKA TEKA" mentality when it comes to these things. So that alone, consider Skyscrapercity's political leanings as DDS rather than Dilawan. Not an opinion, it's simply reality.

FAST FACTS: Midyear election 2019

Elective positions

12 SENATORS

243 MEMBERS, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

59 PARTY-LIST REPRESENTIVES

81 GOVERNORS

81 VICE GOVERNORS

776 MEMBERS, PROVINCIAL BOARD

1,634 MAYORS*

1,634 VICE MAYORS*

13,540 COUNCILORS*

P3 — expenditure limit for every voter

·
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LIST: Senatorial aspirants for 2019 elections

OCTOBER 11:

1. Reelectionist Senator Koko Pimentel, PDP-Laban party

2. Singer Freddie Aguilar

3. Dr. Willie Ong, Lakas-CMD

4. Victoriano Inte, independent

5. Daniel Magtira, independent

6. Dionisio Manalo, independent

7. Christian Castro, independent

8. Salam Tagean Sr., independent

9. Former Makabayan party-list Representative Neri Colmenares, Makabayan

10. Melchor Chavez, Labor Party Philippines

11. Ibrahim Albani, Labor Party Philippines

12. Abner Afuang, Labor Party Philippines

13. Robel dela Cruz, independent

14. Samira Gutoc Tomawis, Liberal Party

15. Carmelo Carreon, independent

16. Marvin Navarro, independent

17. Anson Tuana, independent

18. Ramon Diaz, independent

19. Eleazar Salon, independent

20. Danilo Roleda, UNA

21. Rey Dapat, independent

22. Gerald Arcega, Labor Party Philippines

23. Rolando Merano, independent

24. Eric Negapatan, independent

25. Vicente Avena, KDP

26. Nur-Ana Sahidulla, KDP

27. Antonio Valdes, KDP

OCTOBER 12:

28. Rowell Balangue, independent

29. Reelectionist Senator Nancy Binay, UNA

30. Valeriano Nocon III, independent

31. Bureau of Corrections Chief Ronald dela Rosa, PDP-Laban

32. Roel Lamoste, independent

33. Ricky Bacolod, independent

34. Cesar Roca, independent

35. Nid Anima, independent

36. Atty. Larry Gadon, KBL

37. Evelina Amantiad, independent

OCTOBER 15:

38. Reelectionist Senator Cynthia Villar

39. Maguindanao 2nd District Rep. Zajid “Dong” Mangudadatu, PDP-Laban

40. Andrew Magistrado, independent

41. Magdalo Rep. Gary Alejano

42. Reelectionist Senator Grace Poe, independent

43. Reynante G. Galero, independent

44. Charlie B. Talledo, independent

The filing of certificates of candidacy will be on October 11, 12, 15, 16, and 17, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Some aspirants expected to file their certificate of candidacy in the next days are reelectionist Senators Bam Aquino, JV Ejercito; former Senators Jinggoy Estrada, Bong Revilla, and Lito Lapid; Representatives Imee Marcos and Pia Cayetano; and former MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino.

·
Registered
20,860 Posts
^^ Yung 12 Senators, kasama na dito yung vacated seat ni Alan Peter when he became SFA last year no?

Ang inaabangan ko: Will Mar take the plunge? Abangan...

·
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ Dunno about Mar but apparently, Mocha and Harry Roque decided to take the Partylist route to get into Congress. It sucks because I cannot vote for either of them. My aunt is currently a Partylist Congresswoman and if she runs again, I will have to vote for her. That said, Mocha has a strong chance of winning since you only need a couple of million votes to get in. Even if just half her Facebook followers vote, tapos! Harry Roque though...its a brand new partylist and I don't know what their advocacy is. I dunno if he can muster the few million votes to win.

·
sabroso
338 Posts
Twice pa lang ako bumoto in my entire life. Leaving blank sa partylist. Cge nga, try ko PL ni Mocha. Hahaha!

·
Banned
61 Posts
So si Roque nkinig din kay Duterte na di sya mananalo sa senado kaya partylist n lang... pero parang bumabaligtad na ah....
He needed votes from a national level since he is running under a party list org. Politicians are smart - they will target the swing votes or the neutral voters, because normally they constitute the greatest number among voters. In tagalog, balimbingan can be a good tactic

·
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So si Roque nkinig din kay Duterte na di sya mananalo sa senado kaya partylist n lang... pero parang bumabaligtad na ah....
Frankly its so stupid for Harry Roque to leave his position as SPOX. I dunno why people cannot be content with such roles. To be a SPOX of any president is a great honour that not everybody in the world can be. He is perfect for it, very articulate, smart and witty. Sal Panelo, although smart and all, simply cannot match Roque in that regard (plus Sal is just too funny looking).

Because of Roque's indecisiveness, nawala na siya sa Malacanang. He has no chance of winning a Senate seat because he does not have the star power that other Senatoriables have. It sucks because Harry Roque IS the Father of our upcoming Universal Healthcare system, which will greatly impact the well being of all Filipinos now and forever, but people don't seem to care. Oh well, such is life.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Bong Go, go sa senado..
Nag file na ng COC kasama ang ilang alalay, ooopppss.. Si PDuts pala yon, returning the favor..

Tag line nya is: Bonga ang Senado kay Bong Go. Bonga Go!

Joke lang mga Bongonatics.

Before going to the Comelec, Go prayed at the San Miguel Church in Malacañang.
“Nag-iisip pa po ako ng mabuti, nagdarasal po ako ng mabuti, at sana ma-enlighten po ako sa aking magiging decision sa mga susunod na araw,” Go said in a radio interview. /kga
Dilawan moves yang mga padasal dasal na yan ahhh.. Padise-disente... pweeehh kakarume

·
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ugh! Just saw in Facebook that now the Tulfo Brothers are jumping in the partylist bandwagon. Its called ACT-CIS.
Seriously? This will really divide the voters since you can only pick ONE partylist. Granted they don't really need that much votes to win but still.

·
Registered
20,860 Posts

·
Welcome to the Planet
2,227 Posts
eww tatakbo daw si Marimar? :puke:

ano itong drama effect nya na ready na daw sya tumulong ulit? may amnesia ba sya about his stint? pretend na lang natin yung result ng incompetence nya na until now problema natin? hello MRT? Yolanda? the list goes on! :|

·
Registered
20,860 Posts
eww tatakbo daw si Marimar? :puke:

ano itong drama effect nya na ready na daw sya tumulong ulit? may amnesia ba sya about his stint? pretend na lang natin yung result ng incompetence nya na until now problema natin? hello MRT? Yolanda? the list goes on! :|
Isa pa pala: Will Mar run under the LP banner?

Kasi si Ninoy este Bam eh "independent" kuno da moves eh. Lol.

·
Welcome to the Planet
2,227 Posts
Isa pa pala: Will Mar run under the LP banner?

Kasi si Ninoy este Bam eh "independent" kuno da moves eh. Lol.
they are trying so hard to di-associate themselves from LP that they have to make up groups like "tindig pilipinas" yet people can still smell their stench from a mile away. :lol:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Dunno about Mar but apparently, Mocha and Harry Roque decided to take the Partylist route to get into Congress. It sucks because I cannot vote for either of them. My aunt is currently a Partylist Congresswoman and if she runs again, I will have to vote for her. That said, Mocha has a strong chance of winning since you only need a couple of million votes to get in. Even if just half her Facebook followers vote, tapos! Harry Roque though...its a brand new partylist and I don't know what their advocacy is. I dunno if he can muster the few million votes to win.
A party-list would need at least half a million votes to get a seat. At least 1.2-1.5M votes to get 3 seats. Seat allocation will still depend on the total number of votes for PL election. So the strategy of pro-Duterte PL groups is to make sure that they will get 1.5M votes each so they will all get 3 seats.

Roque’s PL is an environmental group called Luntiang Pilipinas. The 2nd nominee of the party is Ciara Sotto.

1 - 20 of 1459 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.