1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NRL - National Rugby League thread

Time for a thread?

Broncos lose to the Storm yet again. :(

Parra surprise me by beating Penrith at Penrith.

Another bad start by the Gold Coast.

Cowboys looking very good, Jason Taumalolo, what a player that guy is.

Good start by Auckland.

A Storm vs Cowboys grand final coming up, with Canterbury to get the wooden spoon?

·
Registered
74,325 Posts
i believe who ever has a good start to year goes shit rest of year. thus souths will be shit and roosters will reign supreme again
COCKLE DOODLE DOOOO

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad news for the Cowboys with Jason Taumalolo possibly out for 10 weeks. The Broncos definitely took advantage of him being hurt and then not playing after half time in their win on Friday night. Parra win again, a good win for the Tigers too.

I went to Ipswich on Saturday night to see the Easts Tigers beat the Ipswich Jets 22-20 in the Queensland Comp. Great result, a good quality game too.

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was at the game last night, I think the Broncos were lucky to get so close, because they seemed to be outplayed most of the night and scored some lucky tries. Also in the last 2 minutes they didn't play smart, they should have been in much better position for their field goal shot, and then allowed St George an easy run to get close for theirs which made it 25-24.

Really poor crowd too, about 21,000. Considering St George have a good number of fans in Brisbane you'd expect 40,000+ if it wasn't being played on a Thursday night.

·
Registered
74,325 Posts
^broncos not going so well this year. maybe its time to build there young squad.
melb looking good again fukers

go the rooster!!!

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Broncos are going bloody awful this year. I bet Wayne Bennett is having a good laugh. 2 games they should of won but couldn't properly organise the last set for a field goal. Abysmal game management by the halves.

The Cowboys have fallen in a heap since my round 1 praise.

Sorry to see the great GI retire early, but what a career he has had, up there with Meninga as a power centre.

·
Registered
74,325 Posts
lol go roosters

·
Registered
74,325 Posts
cockle doodle dooo! great win by roosters on anzac day match 20-10 over stgeorge

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Broncos finally get their second win of the season. It might be a bit tougher against the Bunnies. Really bad luck for Jake Friend getting injured, he was almost certain to be the Queensland hooker.

Langlands Park on Saturday afternoon, I enjoyed watching the Tigers beat the Dolphins, good close game.

·
Registered
74,325 Posts
^looks like a great ground. grass so green

go chookies

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Broncos are going bloody awful this year. I bet Wayne Bennett is having a good laugh. 2 games they should of won but couldn't properly organise the last set for a field goal. Abysmal game management by the halves.

The Cowboys have fallen in a heap since my round 1 praise.

Sorry to see the great GI retire early, but what a career he has had, up there with Meninga as a power centre.
AB, they need to blood some of the halves they have in stock, Tom Deardon and Sean O'Sullivan need a run, I've said it for ages but Kodi and Milf are running players and not natural organisers and a decent dummy half wouldn't go astray either.

I was fortunate to play with GI when he was a kid at Norths, absolute freak back then, would score tries from anywhere. This won't be liked by NSW fans but he should have played for NSW and it was smart by John Ribot to whisk him up to Wavell HS and he did play his 1st junior game at his old high school in Macksville but he was playing illegally as he was too young for the open side at high school and hence why there wasn't a huge fuss about it.

Langlands Park on Saturday afternoon, I enjoyed watching the Tigers beat the Dolphins, good close game.

Nice ground Langlands, used to love playing there and good Leagues club to enjoy a beer after to drown the sorrows after many losses against Easts.

·
Registered
74,325 Posts
i think latrel mitchell uses the force
go roosters

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Latrell Mitchell has been the real standout this season. He's going to be a force in Origin :(.

Looks like the Broncos have dropped James "Jimmy the Jet" Roberts and the goal kicking winger Jamayne Isaako for this weekend. I'm not sure if they are on the bench or playing in the Queensland Cup.

The "Magic Round" is on this weekend, all games to be played at Lang Park. It may allow the NRL to claim big crowd numbers by counting all of a days games as a teams attendance. But I think it is a stupid concept. Why should other teams lose their home games to so far away. I think it is a sop to try and appease the Queensland RL community to the fact that the NRL has no intention of ever playing a Grand Final outside of Sydney.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
The good thing is that if they run out of beer at the ground during the magic round, there are fresh stocks just a stones throw away :)

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quite a few surprise results in the latest NRL round. I was happy to see all the Queensland teams win.

The Queensland team has been announced for Origin 1. It looks a strong side.

Queensland Maroons team 2019

Kalyn Ponga
Corey Oates
Michael Morgan
Will Chambers
Dane Gagai
Cameron Munster
Daly Cherry-Evans
Jai Arrow
Ben Hunt
Josh Papalii
Felise Kaufusi
Matt Gillett
Josh McGuire

Moses Mbye
Joe Ofahengaue
Dylan Napa
David Fifita

Tim Glasby

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just home from the game, great comeback from Queensland. Nothing came off for us in the first half, but we clicked in the second. NSW gave us a fright in the last few minutes though, games 2 and 3 will be very tough.

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know a few are forced by injury, but I didn't expect NSW to make so many changes for game 2. They have a history of panic changes, but I don't think we are getting the full story, especially with Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker. And what did Josh Morris do wrong in game 1 to get dropped?

Come Sunday Freddy will either be brilliant, or a dunce.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts