SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
74,331 Posts
yeh all over place, grew up in liverpool actually and played for parramatta reps u16 & 18s, so was a great time tto be part of eels in early 1980s.
moved to campbelltown then crounulla. but never really got on sharks bandwagonn.
my family go for roosters so pretty hard not to.
they should win tonight. brilliant team.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I will go for the underdog the Canberra Raiders. Looking forward to the match, thought the band One Republic where fantastic pre game entertainment.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Mmm six more tackles said the official but then he changes his mind. Oh well was a good game to watch congratulations to the Roosters.

·
WARREN
Uncle L2
8,052 Posts
Well done Roosters, premiers for two consecutive years! Oh so sad for the filth, I mean the Raiders :lol:

Oh and lol at Sportsbet's latest stunt:

https://twitter.com/sportsbetcomau/status/1180808058676502528
Twitter said:
Sportsbet.com.au @sportsbetcomau · 35m

JUSTICE REFUND: We've now refunded $1.35 million in bonus bets to customers who backed the Raiders head-to-head in the GF and also outright markets. An absolute heartbreaker

�� #NRLGF
I'm pretty sure that issuing bonus bets is a completely different thing to issuing a refund, which actually implies that you would get your money back. I'm actually surprised they have that many customers left who haven't already been banned for the sin of actually winning money :eek:hno:

But what to expect from the same company that paid out on all win bets for Bill Shorten to become our Prime Minister? :rofl:

·
Registered
74,331 Posts
AWESOME WIN BY RO0STERS WELL DESERVED
BAD CALLS /shit goes both ways. the so called 6 again call was recorrected and right as the ball it raiders player not roosters so call was correct! raiders just wanted something to whinge about. what makes hem think they were going to score? they couldnt for 20mins due to roosters 2nd to none defence!!!!!

if they thought that was not fair what about when cronk was set off for tackling the player with ball, not before he got ball. worthy of a penalty not a sin bin ffs.
also mitchell wasnt kicking well so theres 4 points they normally would have had. s sorry but better team won.
yewwwwww back to back baby

Reactions: L2

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I like both teams, but that was a terrible call on the 6 again. So close to the end of the game, and leading to a try at the other end soon after. It's not just a bad call, but a huge refereeing blunder. Once they had waved for the re-start of the tackle count, I really don't see how they can have the player tackled and then say we got it wrong, change-over.

·
Canadian eh!
3,485 Posts
What a **** up!!!!

That ref should be removed from the ranks permanently. National TV and anyone watching would have seen and heard the six again.....

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Shameful stuff from the NRL. Would it have killed them to have a Grand Final (or 2) in Brisbane whilst the stadiums were being rebuilt? The SCG is a ridiculous venue for a Grand Final these days when there are bigger, purpose built stadiums elsewhere.

Greed seems to trump everything for those in charge. What a way to upset a huge percentage of the supporter base. I expect we will hear heaps about the "wonderful" magic round, and other stupid events like 7's or 9's over the next few weeks to try and take attention away from the insult they are really delivering.

·
Registered
365 Posts
With rumours circulating again that Tina is set to make a a comeback to promote the NRL in 2020, I thought it would be good to remind ourselves of the best ad campaign the NRL ever ran. It was late 80's early 90s, well before the Super-League catastrophe and when NRL was on the ascendancy.

·
Registered
74,331 Posts
great start to the season once again' well done bulldogs

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Good win for the Broncos. Big David Fifita, what a try.

I had tickets for next weeks Broncos vs Souths game, which I was really looking forward to, so I'm a bit disappointed with the no crowds edict. They will probably suspend the season soon. I guess it's a worldwide thing and they are being careful until we know more.

PS - should be have a new thread, or should this one be renamed?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts