SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
But that's 3 weeks ago almost, given time and recent events I'd say the support to keep it close would have eroded somewhat.
By 'recent events' do you mean the Victorian that flew into Bundaberg via Brisbane with coronavirus the other day?

·
WARREN
8,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
^^ The fact that they were still allowed in with COVID-19, despite all of the border restrictions at the moment, shows what a joke it all is.

And I don't see mountains of cases being imported from NSW to VIC or vice versa due to the borders being left open. Isn't the ACT down to a total of one active case at the moment? They never put up a roadblock on the road to Queanbeyan.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
^^ The fact that they were still allowed in with COVID-19, despite all of the border restrictions at the moment, shows what a joke it all is.

And I don't see mountains of cases being imported from NSW to VIC or vice versa due to the borders being left open. Isn't the ACT down to a total of one active case at the moment? They never put up a roadblock on the road to Queanbeyan.
Only two cases in Australia today and they being from overseas tells me in a couple of weeks if we see no to little community spread then I reckon some borders will be coming down. End of June maybe for QLD just in time for school holidays?

·
WARREN
8,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If there is no spike in cases from the last weekend's rallies, open the borders around the nation ASAP. I'm looking at you too, SA & TAS (Liberal) Governments.

It will take a bit of time too after restrictions are listed for people to stat moving in significant numbers between population centres anyway - like look how how MEL-SYD flights are only just starting to come back now, and only planned to be running in bulk quantities once we reach July, despite the restrictions on leisure travel in VIC & NSW being lifted on June 1st.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I see Queensland's former deputy premier Jackie Trad has been cleared of corruption allegations by the state's corruption watchdog, after an investigation into her involvement in the selection of a school principal. Wonder what Anna is going to do and if this has any bearing on the up coming State election.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Haha yeah it all sounds extremely suspicious. The fact that the modelling used to readvertise the position had been found to be manufactured and there was email communication that was deleted.

And that the Dept of Education Director General organised Trad to meet the successful candidate for no other reason than as just as a ‘test’ to see if she could ‘hold her own’ against deputy premier, after she already successfully got the position. All sounds very fishy.

The Corruption Commission didn’t take a good view on it all and said the situation had dishonesty in there.

Sounds like the Director General of the Education department was the scapegoat for Trad.
_

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
And there are the people who have been paid off 😉corruption all the way to the top of government and public service.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Will the absolute farce of the state border being closed until September, absolutely decimating the tourism sector, manage to also decimate Palaszczuk's re-election chances?
Is the state border farce still decimating Palaszczuk's re-election chances

·
WARREN
8,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
^ It's still a farce that I can't enter Queensland tonight, as a resident of New South Wales, the adjacent jurisdiction that is almost COVID-19 free, aside from the odd overseas traveller in mandatory confinement.

Thankfully that is being resolved from July 10th. Personally I think that we should remove all border closures, aside from those with Victoria, immediately.

And all border closures with Victoria need to be strengthened, given the outbreaks in that state, which are solely the fault of an incompetent ALP government.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
^^ Give it a couple of days L2 plenty of Victorians have been in NSW recently so expect some community transmission. Hope you have not got a sniffle or a cough? Might pay for Anna to hold off for those 3 days at least.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts