SkyscraperCity banner

WHO SHOULD HOST THE 2024 SUMMER OLYMPIC AND PARALYMPIC GAMES?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1288 Posts

·
Administrator
30,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Games of the XXXIII Olympiad
2024 SUMMER OLYMPICS

CANDIDATE CITIES

The cities have been placed in the poll in the order that the IOC draw placed them; Los Angeles, Budapest and Paris.
The host of the XXXIII Summer Olympic Games will be selected in 2017 in Lima, Peru, during the IOC's General Session.​

2024 PARALYMPIC GAMES

WEBSITES AND BID BOOKS

LOS ANGELES
WEBSITE
BID BOOK (PART I)
BID BOOK (PART II)

BUDAPEST
WEBSITE
BID BOOK (PART I)

PARIS
WEBSITE
BID BOOK (PART I)

·
Administrator
30,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ROME, has fallen. Please continue the discussion with this new spiffy thread and poll. :) PLEASE VOTE. Poll is open to EVERYONE.

·
The Place
1,137 Posts
LA... Just because

Reactions: Saiholmes

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Reactions: alexandru.mircea

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
Between LA and Paris, I completely support the last one! Other Olympic Games in Los Angeles and USA in such a short period of time it would be boring and repetitive. Moreover, Paris has not hosted the games for ages, literally! :lol:

·
3,747 Posts
Thanks for the new thread Kenni! It'll be interesting to see where the SSC Rome vote will go now that the Italian Capital has pulled out. Though we're obviously not the IOC, it'll be a good sample test case for the vote next year :cheers:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Paris would be the perfect city, but Budapest is an amazing city. It has stunning architecture and would be the perfect opportunity to further enhance the beauty and attract more tourism.

SUPPORT BUDAPEST !!!
I fail to see the connection between architecture and the Olympics. Facilities, financing, over-budget concerns, security, weather, etc., seem more relevant.

After all, you can go to Budapest (or Venice or Florence or Rome, etc.) for the architecture any time; why go when it is choked with people seeing the Olympics?

·
Registered
11 Posts
you would think it comes down to either LA or Paris, the sympathy vote might give it to Paris as it is the third time they have tried in recent times or LA might get it as it IOC might see dollar signs in their eyes and go for LA.

1 - 20 of 1288 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.