Discussion Starter · #1 ·
great location. must post photos of model

·
Registered
76,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
model
now i understand about the views!!
the bridge would rise behind SOH. bloody nice.

views over historic Boomera and Tarana

·
selling my body since 88'
2,241 Posts
This will be smashed again in Sydney by the end of the year i reckon.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Is this near Oak Lane? If so I have a friend who has an old apartment on the top floor of a building (fourth floor) with SPECTACULAR VIEWS of the Wooloomooloo wharf, Sydney Skyline, the Opera House and Bridge rising behind. This development looks VERY close to him.

He picked up his small one bedroom apartment with a juliet balcony, massive west facing panoramic windows very cheaply evem though it has an amazing outlook. it doesn't have a lift or car accommodation though and you have to carry everything up via a very narrow circular staircase at the back. Its worth it though.

J

·
Registered
76,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes its just down from oak lane which is across the road. nice area

·
Registered
386 Posts
I don't know why people would want to spend so much on a penthouse though. I'm sure you can get a similar view somewhere around the harbour for $1-2 million, but $20 million just seems a little much. I think it's pretty much certain also that I probably won't ever be able to afford a house in any suburb that faces the sea in Sydney I reckon. Unless I find a magical way of getting rich or start saving now.. :\

·
Registered
511 Posts
That is quite expenisive for Australia. A close price to this may be for the penthouse at XXV Breaker on Main Beach.

·
Here
6,589 Posts
I don't know why people would want to spend so much on a penthouse though. I'm sure you can get a similar view somewhere around the harbour for $1-2 million, but $20 million just seems a little much. I think it's pretty much certain also that I probably won't ever be able to afford a house in any suburb that faces the sea in Sydney I reckon. Unless I find a magical way of getting rich or start saving now.. :\
Yes you can get a similar, partial view for a couple of million. Not a 270 degree view though, specially in such a built up suburb. But I don't think they are just paying for the view. I think the building itself is attracting a high premium, as it's location.

·
selling my body since 88'
2,241 Posts
Yeah 1-2mil = no chance in hell.

·
Here
6,589 Posts
I live in the area, I keep tabs on what sells locally. You can easily get an apartment with harbour, bridge, city and opera house views for under $2million. Sure it wouldn't be a 700+sqm luxury, brand new penthouse apartment.

Heck you can buy a 1 bedroom, in an older apartment building with bridge,house&water views for under 1/2 million in that area.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
I recently saw an apartment in Mackay sell for 11 million. If an apartment in Mackay can sell for 11 million with ordinary island/ocean views then we should expect a luxury penthouse in our largest city with iconic views to sell for 20 million.

J

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
I am not surprised about the $20 million the buyer has shelled out for the penthouse. Potts Point is one of the most highly sought suburbs for homes in Australia, and yes the views towards the city are uninterupted as it is on the top of the hill that drops down to Wooloomloo. Penthouses in the nearby Wharf development have fetched $15 million.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts