Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Kids:

I usually just a lurker here and never post. I'm more active on urbantoronto.ca. However, it was so good to see that many of you made the transition over there as well. I'm no longer the lone voice standing up for Mississauga.

Anyways, I thought this event was worthy of a post here and members should know about:

20th Anniversary of Mississauga City Hall

Join us for a walking tour on the Civic Square followed by a presentation with Michael Kirkland, the building's architect.

Event Date(s): June 20, 2007

Event Time(s): 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

300 City Centre Dr.
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada

Also, for those who attended the Placemaking sessions last year the city is continuing and expanding the "Celebreate Summer in the City Centre - My Mississauga" program.

Official Kick off is on June 5. Check it Out:

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/discover/mymississauga?paf_gear_id=4600018&itemId=101700265n

In addition to last year's program of Sports Street, Vintage Car Show, Friday Night Youth Concerts, Family Days, Seniors Days, Canada Day, Ribfest, Yoga on the Lawn and Lunch Time Cafes.

New events this year include: Shakespeare in the park, Movies Under the Star, 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament and Headline concerts such as the Philosopher Kings and Jack Soul.

Along with the new retail at the base of The Capital Towers opening up, the Civic Centre area should be alive with activity.

The Farmer's Market is also moving again, it really belong on the Civic Square but for political reasons is moving to the parking lot west of the Transit Terminal.

Louroz

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Hey Kids:

I usually just a lurker here and never post. I'm more active on urbantoronto.ca. However, it was so good to see that many of you made the transition over there as well. I'm no longer the lone voice standing up for Mississauga.

Anyways, I thought this event was worthy of a post here and members should know about:

20th Anniversary of Mississauga City Hall

Join us for a walking tour on the Civic Square followed by a presentation with Michael Kirkland, the building's architect.

Event Date(s): June 20, 2007

Event Time(s): 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

300 City Centre Dr.
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada

Also, for those who attended the Placemaking sessions last year the city is continuing and expanding the "Celebreate Summer in the City Centre - My Mississauga" program.

Official Kick off is on June 5. Check it Out:

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/discover/mymississauga?paf_gear_id=4600018&itemId=101700265n

In addition to last year's program of Sports Street, Vintage Car Show, Friday Night Youth Concerts, Family Days, Seniors Days, Canada Day, Ribfest, Yoga on the Lawn and Lunch Time Cafes.

New events this year include: Shakespeare in the park, Movies Under the Star, 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament and Headline concerts such as the Philosopher Kings and Jack Soul.

Along with the new retail at the base of The Capital Towers opening up, the Civic Centre area should be alive with activity.

The Farmer's Market is also moving again, it really belong on the Civic Square but for political reasons is moving to the parking lot west of the Transit Terminal.

Louroz
Im happy to see the movie night becoming reality! Are they using an inflatable screen for it?

Its also good to see some concerts going on in the area! Thanks for the updates Louroz.

·
Banned
4,467 Posts
I posted about this in the Mississauga News section. I hope they do stuff for a younger audience. Like teenagers and 20's. Cuz that would be awesome. Some free concerts by bands that that age group likes. It's always stuff for adults and like preteens or children.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts