SkyscraperCity banner

Where were you on 21/05/08 7.45pm onwards

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So am getting excited and tonight at work people who don't really talk about football were talking about where they were going to watch it. (Champions League Final for anyone who doesn't know).

So where are you watching it?

If you don't know I'll be in the ground so I'll post some videos and pics when I get back if win or lose.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Can we still not watch it in town?

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can we still not watch it in town?
There are no big screens in the squares but I was about to post a poll up and it came up with this "you must post within 5 mins" so now we have no poll. Time for a screen print, pm b4mmy. The Poll has afew locations on.

·
Insert witty comment here
444 Posts
Im off to The Footage on Oxford Road - it has been absolutely awesome during the last 2 big United games ive watched there.

United vs Barca 1st leg was awesome - a few stretford enders turned up with their flags and hung them over the balcony and had everyone singing their hearts out.

United vs Wigan, last match of the League - awesome atmosphere and constant singing but some knobheads had the idea of singing every single United chant before half time which wound me up

·
10th February 2008
59,906 Posts
Has anyone got a steamer they can borrow me? I've got some spare time tonight and I might as well strip the wallpaper.

I'm not bitter. :|

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
I'm off to one of the MUST do's in town (the one in Deansgate Locks Revolution).

Phoning the club the 'sell back' my final ticket was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Pesky sensible finances.

:(

·
I love those crazy dutch
11,551 Posts
I won't be watching it, but for the sake of local solidarity, I hope United beat those southern bastards!

·
Mancunian Member
7,180 Posts
I'll be at the Comedy Store, pie and a pint plus a guaranteed seat for a tenner, proceeds going to charity...

...we may also get some comedy too watching those southern sissies cry in their shandies!

Wearing my blue (i know), United shirt, which I wore when we won it in '99 (which was ironically the day I left high school - May 26th - imbedded in my mind forever).

After all, we won our first European Cup wearing blue, I just hope I don't get mistaken for a Chelsea fan!! Maybe I'll add some Red and White too!

And I've got Wednesday and Thursday off work!! :banana:

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm off to one of the MUST do's in town (the one in Deansgate Locks Revolution).

Phoning the club the 'sell back' my final ticket was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Pesky sensible finances.

:(
I would have had it off you. I have some buyers in Russia.

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
Oh, and my work day in London (Wednesdays) has been cancelled this week, and given I work from home all the other days of the week, the laptop will be coming to bed with me on Thursday morning.

·
Insert witty comment here
444 Posts
I had a ticket too! i gave it back to my mate and it will probs by now be sold to a tout in Moscow.
I feel dirty

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well in the next half hour-45 mins I'll be setting off. The thing is I've been up since this morning and am about to set off on a 30 hour trip which might not see much sleep. This is going to be fun! ;)

·
On Pissamoat Hill
1,150 Posts
Best of luck fella, I don't particularly like anything to do with the premiership but I totally admire the effort you're going to for this match. Take plenty of pics!

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
More than 200 football fans have been stranded at Gatwick airport after their flight to Moscow for the final of the Champions League was cancelled. The 224 Chelsea supporters had planned to fly to Russia on a special charter flight, leaving the airport's south terminal at 0555 BST.
An airport spokesman said a technical problem caused the cancellation.
Some of the fans have left the airport because they are too late to get to the match, which starts at 1945 BST.
oh, oh dear.... shame

1 - 20 of 48 Posts