Skyscraper City Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
muted
7,080 Posts
Daley hopes new West Loop apartment tower will have worldwide impact

by Brittany McHenry
May 06, 2008

Ground was broken Tuesday on a West Loop site for what will be Chicago's first green residential building.

“This project will not only stand in the history of Chicago, but I believe in this country and in the world,” Mayor Richard M. Daley said.

http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=88241

·
Chicago Photographer
2,832 Posts
Ahhh.....nothing says lovin like a 490 foot slab of glass and steel right in the heart of your city...

More density, please :)
:yes:

the machine brought in is to pile down those flat steel pilings that outling the building before digging. not sure of the real name of em :cheers:

·
Registered
650 Posts
^^ Interesting find SG. I thought the parking podium was going to wrap around to the Wells St side with an entry under the L. Looks like there is still room for a slender tower there in that render

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks, Jeff. This and 200 West Lake are really going to transform that area of the Loop.
So true I_A_H. I have been a big fan of this project and 200 West Lake for that reason. They will both help create the 24hr Loop that has been anticipated for the last 30 years. Although a major hotel is still needed in the North Loop, and that will come with Waterview.

BTW , no 200 West Lake thread here??

·
muted
7,080 Posts
So true I_A_H. I have been a big fan of this project and 200 West Lake for that reason. They will both help create the 24hr Loop that has been anticipated for the last 30 years. Although a major hotel is still needed in the North Loop, and that will come with Waterview.

BTW , no 200 West Lake thread here??
There is. I just updated it with photos.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=477693

FYI... If you're looking for a specific project, try the Quick Links thread under the Chicago Spire thread. You might find it there.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts