SkyscraperCity Forum banner
11901 - 11920 of 19970 Posts

· Registered
277 Posts
When can we expect a render? The suspense is killing me.
Your wish is my command ;-)

Have finally managed to lay hands on these, 60 floors / 262m AGL (278m AOD):

Massing images showing the design in context:

The only detail image I could find - from the wind study (imagine we should ignore the penned-on wind breaks!)

Not quite what I was expecting, however, we need more detail renders to make sense of the cladding.

Controversially, despite its new bulk I think it actually relates better with 122 Leadenhall than the previous design.

Now sounds the starting gun on pages and pages of discussion: GO!!!

· Now Tamworth
7,133 Posts

Massing images showing the design in context:

The only detail image I could find - from the wind study (imagine we should ignore the penned-on wind breaks!)

Not quite what I was expecting, however, we need more detail renders to make sense of the cladding.

Controversially, despite its new bulk I think it actually relates better with 122 Leadenhall than the previous design.

Thankyou.

BUT

That is vile. The massing is horrendous and adds nothing to the skyline apart from making it blocky and uninspiring.

Sorry London but from something that could have 'made' the cities skyline, this could now effectively ruin it.

Massive thumbs down from me and a major disappointment.

· Registered
26,744 Posts
Words fail. This actually could be the worst proposal I've ever seen for a London tower.

I'm sure someone will defend it's 'timeless' nature and 'anti-iconic/wacky' design and all that, but this is exactly the reason why we need sculptural, out of the box thinking for the City and not some run of the mill anywhere architecture.

· Registered
562 Posts
60 floors but I presume there will be some sort of crown bringing the height up. Also hope it will taper towards the top so we're not left with a cumbersome lump weighing down the skyline. Hope they have planned something special here, rather than a forgettable 'classic and elegant' box. I wonder if there will be an echo of the original KPF design?

EDIT: I typed this comment before seeing the render. What a ******* desgrace

· Banned
512 Posts

What... the f*ck.... is this turd?! :eek2:

This is another Minerva.

· Registered
97 Posts
I felt a bit of sick in the back of my mouth when I first looked at this, along with a wave of disappointment and frustration. However, these are very basic renders/massing models so it is guaranteed to look clunky and out of place. Not saying I agree with the overall shape, just that it'll hopefully look considerably better than that in the flesh.

Why would you not develop to the full height potential of the site though? This desperately needs to be circa 300m - it just doesn't dominate the cluster height wise at 262m.

11901 - 11920 of 19970 Posts