SkyscraperCity banner

19801 - 19820 of 19923 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
The pavement width on Bishopsgate is not very wide, and pedestrian traffic is busy during the working week. I'm surprised to learn that trees are being planted here.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
I still find it bizarre that they planted trees there. Very little space and with concrete canopies above to hinder growth? I am all for plenty of streets lined with trees (and not nearly enough in London - Aston Webb and his team had the right idea with the Mall) - but there needs to be much more space for them to assert themselves. They also look like evergreens and far from healthy. Major Failing here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Imo, the view of 22 Bishopsgate looks 10 times better from Lothbury road, almost as if the top is angled up or something. Just looks sharper and sleeker than most angles at least anyway. Still, gonna go to the NLA when the models open and see what the cluster looks like from St Pauls when everything is finished that's planned so that should be fun to see.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The design of this building is boring compared to the original one for the Pinnacle, though the glass cladding is obviously very high quality which somewhat mitigates the functional design. This whole side of Bishopsgate is quite impressive, except for the ugly small building between this and St. Helen’s, which they’ve just stuck plastic black cladding on to cover up the side exposed when the buildings were demolished to make way for this one. That should be torn down but suppose it isn’t viable for any form of development.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Imo, the view of 22 Bishopsgate looks 10 times better from Lothbury road, almost as if the top is angled up or something. Just looks sharper and sleeker than most angles at least anyway. Still, gonna go to the NLA when the models open and see what the cluster looks like from St Pauls when everything is finished that's planned so that should be fun to see. View attachment 597761
A bit of pedantry, if Lothbury had a qualifier, it would be 'street', since it's in the COL.

19801 - 19820 of 19923 Posts