SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
klite
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Urban landmark in the making

First impressions are important, and in order for fledgeling developer Urban Delta Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of YWC Engineers & Constructors Sdn Bhd, to make a strong positive impact, it is sparing no effort to create its first venture - a RM90 million serviced apartment project within Kuala Lumpur’s diplomatic enclave.

Dubbed 231 TR Service Suites, the 20-storey block will take shape on a 34,630sq ft freehold plot along Jalan Tun Razak, a location that allows it to boast views of the nearby Petronas Twin Towers and the lush greenery of the neighbouring Royal Selangor Golf Club.

Urban Delta’s assistant general manager Alex Lee said the project will also feature fine finishings, functional layouts, a low density of 195 units and the kind of facilities buyers expect from an elite address.

Despite current soft market conditions, he is confident 231 TR will taste success, with the project’s concept and pricing being its key driving points.

Amidst heady property prices breaching the million ringgit mark, 231 TR’s apartment prices starting from RM262,888 is like a breath of fresh air.

“We’re bringing prices down to earth in this prestigious area, allowing more people to share in the prospects it promises,” said Lee.

“Since October last year, we have sold over 40 per cent of the units by private invitation alone.”

Although the project is competitively priced, he said, there will be no compromise on quality.

The units on offer, ranging from a 498sq ft studio to a 1,114sq ft two-plus-one bedroom unit, will come in 11 different layouts.

All will be fully air-conditioned and partially furnished with ready-fitted wardrobes and designer kitchens.

In addition, they will feature broadband Internet access and centralised Astro cabling.

In terms of recreational facilities and services, 231 TR will have an indoor pool and jacuzzi, a fully equipped gym, a laundrette and housekeeping services.

Security will come in the form of CCTV camera monitoring, smart card access and an intercom system.

“I believe buyers will appreciate the fact that the location is close to lush greenery and yet within walking distance of the shopping, dining and entertainment hubs of KLCC and Bintang Walk,” Lee said.

As an added incentive, he said, purchasers can look forward to an interest free period on their loans until vacant possession is given.

The project, being officially launched today, is due for completion by 2009.

The show unit at the site, located between the Kuwaiti and Indonesian embassies, is ready for viewing.

YWC Engineers & Constructors was established in the 1950s and has been involved in a number of multi-million ringgit projects throughout Malaysia.

The Jalan Tun Razak project land was acquired from Malton Group Bhd, which had previously planned to develop a serviced apartment, tentatively named Royal Golf Service Suites, at the site.
- Property Times 22 April 2006 issue -

·
Registered
305 Posts
231TR Service Suites

Hi everyone, I am new in this forum but have been reading the posts for quite a while now. Very cool forum with lots of good pictures. :) Just want to add that 231TR will actually be completed in Oct 2008, timeline started from Oct 2005.

Here's a pic of the actual model, don't know if it will come out right. Here goes....

·
Registered
305 Posts
231TR Service Suites

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome. :)

The podium will have a jacuzzi, pool, gym, games room, laundrette, pool deck, a large function room, and lots of garden landscaping surrounding it. All these will be on the 6th floor. Top of the building will have a sky roof and all units will be located in a circular design around a void area looking right up to the sky roof or down to the 6th floor.

The launch was last Friday, and to date I think it should be about 80% sold off already. Pretty good turn out, I was there too. :) More pics of the showroom for you guys. :cheers:

·
mumbling imprecations
1,448 Posts
Heyyy! This looks & sounds like a super nice development. :cool:

The kitchen looks awfully small though, and I'd definitely need a shower curtain. ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
231TR Service Suites

Oh, the kitchen is their studio unit's one, hence the smaller size. No need shower curtain.... :) ...they have a standing shower cubicle with tempered glass shower screen as well. Just that my first pic did not show it. :cheers:

Here's another view of the bath....

·
mumbling imprecations
1,448 Posts
You mean apart from the bathtub there's also a shower unit?

Ah. OK then! :)

Thanks. :cheers:

On the other hand, I see the same sink right next to it? :?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Different layouts have different bath designs, but for the master bathrooms, they come with both the long bath and shower screen. Just that the shower screen pic I took was from the second bath's, so you see the basin again next to it lor. :) :)

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,128 Posts
hi, jesmine :wave: welcome to the forum ;)

thanks for the pics!! it has nice interiors

·
klite
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wednesday May 17, 2006

Urban Delta bullish on maiden project

By Loong Tse Min

KUALA LUMPUR: Urban Delta Sdn Bhd has sold 60% of its RM90mil maiden development, 231 TR Service Suites, since the project's soft launch last October, said assistant general manager Alex Lee.

Lee said the response had been good despite the current soft market conditions and Urban Delta (a subsidiary of YWC Engineers & Construction Sdn Bhd) had “pulled out all the stops to make a good first impression”.

He said the 195 units (498 sq ft to 1,114 sq ft) are priced from RM262,888 to RM675,648 or an average of about RM560 per sq ft. “We’re bringing prices down in this prestigious development because we want to choose a price range that is available to a wider range of buyers,” he said, noting that some nearby condominiums are being sold around RM1,000 psf.

An artist's impression of 231 TR Service Suites
Located along Jalan Tun Razak (hence the TR) in the embassy row between the Kuwaiti and Indonesian embassies, 231 TR seeks to be a new elite address in the city. This freehold, low-density development offers a view of the nearby KLCC Twin Towers and the greens of the Royal Selangor Club.

The 498 sq ft unit is a smallish studio, and the 1,114 sq ft unit is a two-plus-one bedroom apartment that can accommodate a small family.

Service and sinking fund charges are 35 sen per sq ft and 5 sen per sq ft respectively. Facilities include an indoor pool and jacuzzi, a gymnasium, laundrette, housekeeping services and 24-hour security.

Each unit will come fully air-conditioned, and partially furnished with ready-fitted kitchens and bathrooms.

“The buyer can choose how he or she wants to furnish the apartment and what kind of furniture to buy,” Lee said.

It would be run as a self-contained serviced apartment while the task of looking for tenants would be left to the residents or investors, he said. Lee, however, did not rule out the possibility of tying up with a service chain if most of the tenants wished to do so in the future.

Another project in the pipeline is the Kemensah Heights, a five-acre leasehold boutique bungalow development with 20 bungalows to be launched in late 2006 or early 2007.

·
mumbling imprecations
1,448 Posts
^^ I thought you already had your new place, Zahir? :) Eager for more already? ;)

jesmine said:
Different layouts have different bath designs, but for the master bathrooms, they come with both the long bath and shower screen. Just that the shower screen pic I took was from the second bath's, so you see the basin again next to it lor. :) :)
Thank you, Jesmine. Knowledgeable and helpful as always. :cheers: Nice to have you join us! :wave:

·
Registered
305 Posts
231TR Service Suites

Studio units are mostly gone already except for a few low floor units facing the Sungai Besi side I think. In fact, I visited the place again yesterday...and there are only 31 units left. So, that makes it more like 85% sold. :) Anyway...the studio units left are in the RM300K++ region.

·
Registered
305 Posts
SEAfan said:
^^ I thought you already had your new place, Zahir? :) Eager for more already? ;)

Thank you, Jesmine. Knowledgeable and helpful as always. :cheers: Nice to have you join us! :wave:

Thank you SEAfan..... :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts