SkyscraperCity banner

201 - 220 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here's a link to the web cam from AHMM's website: http://www.ahmm.co.uk/timelapse.html

04/03/2013
Onsite at Blackfriars
240 Blackfriars Road is powering ahead, with the fitting of its distinctive pinstripe cladding progressing onsite. Seeking to define the skyline of the pivotal junction of road, rail and river with its crystalline form wrapped in a fluid glass skin, the project will provide 220,000 square feet of high performance office space, residential accommodation and an enlivened streetscape once complete.

http://www.ahmm.co.uk

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
This is turning out to be much better than I expected. At least the pin stripes do not alternate on each floor as can be observed in State Street, Canary Wharf. I find a little off putting the dark wedge at the first level of the apex of the structure. Not sure if this is temporary or permanent, but it destroys the flow of the cladding.

·
Just hanging around...
2,912 Posts
I find a little off putting the dark wedge at the first level of the apex of the structure. Not sure if this is temporary or permanent, but it destroys the flow of the cladding.
I reckon it's the same situation as the north core of 122 Leadenhall - a bit of cladding has either fallen out or they got the measurements wrong and it didn't fit, so the black covering is just there temporarily to fill in the gap until they replace it with glass cladding.

·
Real Horrorshow
22,830 Posts
This is turning out to be much better than I expected. At least the pin stripes do not alternate on each floor as can be observed in State Street, Canary Wharf. I find a little off putting the dark wedge at the first level of the apex of the structure. Not sure if this is temporary or permanent, but it destroys the flow of the cladding.
The black section is temporary

·
Registered
21,749 Posts
Well the height works well when 20 Blackfriars opposite was proposed, but now that's unlikely it does seem a bit flat for what is happening in the near vicinity. I'm more concerned by the obvious flaring out it does over the pavement, or is this intentional to stop the massive downdrafts?

It's actually going to be quite prominent from the west; that is until (if) the project over the road is ever built.

201 - 220 of 431 Posts