Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the Greenville Journal, the developers sent $10,000 to the city to close the deal. According to WYFF, the city is expected to close on the deal next Monday and the arena district could do the same the very next day. The reason the arena district has to also close on the deal also is because this site used to be home to the old memorial auditorium that was torn down in late 1996. After it was torn down, the Bi-Lo Center sports/entertainment arena was built right across the street from this site. They're both owned by the Greenville Arena District. Value of the site is $1.8 million. How much of that would go to the city and how much would go to the Bi-Lo Center to help pay for its financing is unclear. Both the city and arena district said the proposal looks very good.

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This highrise, if built could easily become a new state's tallest. The current state's tallest is the Suntrust building in Columbia. It has a height of 349 feet. This is the "Gateway" site as it looks today. Credit to RestedTraveler for pic. Beneath the pic is information he has provided regarding the past, present, and future of this site: http://flickr.com/photos/restedtraveler/476267279/

·
Banned
110 Posts
OK first it is not and has not ever been called the Suntrust, Its has always been called Capital Center. Also do you know the height of residental floor in relation to office floors this will be well under Capital Centers 349 foot mark now this maybe the Tallest in Greenvale but this once again fails to break Columbia rein. And as well let me know when they poor the base, till then its another waste of forum space , i mean hell how man states tallest have you guys had these past two years? Three four and man those imginary buildings look really nice in the Greenville Skyline

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
OK first it is not and has not ever been called the Suntrust, Its has always been called Capital Center. Also do you know the height of residental floor in relation to office floors this will be well under Capital Centers 349 foot mark now this maybe the Tallest in Greenvale but this once again fails to break Columbia rein. And as well let me know when they poor the base, till then its another waste of forum space , i mean hell how man states tallest have you guys had these past two years? Three four and man those imginary buildings look really nice in the Greenville Skyline
Ok, the Capital Center. I have never lived in Columbia, so I didn't know the proper name of the building. Sorry. Only one tower before this one proposed for here was supposed to be a new state's tallest, but it never really got past the planning stages thanks to rising construction costs. I think this one has a little better chance due to the fact the developer already sent in money to close the deal and the city along with the arena district is saying things look promising regarding this potential highrise. I will; however, not hold my breath on this one until I see a tower crane go up on site and the building starts to rise. Also, residential is starting to have more feet on each floor than office is. Take a look at the Pinnacle on Main for example of that: http://www.pinnacleonmain.com/ Other than that, it sounds like you're jealous.

·
Gamecocks&Skyscrapers fan
1,845 Posts
Since when do residential towers have more height per floor than office towers. If this gets built and is the state's tallest, I will congratulate Greenville, but as we know, there is a history of announced projects not coming to fruition.

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since when do residential towers have more height per floor than office towers. If this gets built and is the state's tallest, I will congratulate Greenville, but as we know, there is a history of announced projects not coming to fruition.
Well, not all new highrises do, but some like the Pinnacle on Main will. It's hard to say if this one will be like that or not. Remember, I didn't say this definitely would become a new state's tallest, I said it could. Also, not all of the project is going to be residential. Seven to ten floors of it will be a hotel too. I can't argue with that last part you said, that's for sure. Our 12-story Peacock Hotel and Spa just got downsized to eight stories and it looks hideous from looking at the new rendering.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
g-man, you gotta stop splitting the news in several posts :bash:

As for the new project, regardless if it will be a new tallest or not, it is a wonderful proposal and demonstrates interest. In general, for every project that fails or gets scaled down, another, better proposal may be made. We have to keep an eye on this. Hopefully, the developers have the financial backing and will to deliver the goods. Thanks for the update, g-man!!!

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
g-man, you are all over the place. I wish you would post this where it belongs (Greenville, SC Development News), so we can all "gather" in one place and talk about this project. You are a mess, dude, a BIG mess :lol: Here is a bitch for you (see the whole thing; you can't guess where it's heading) ;)

Loved the video with the explosion of the Old Auditorium. Is this what you meant in another thread about Greenville going boom? :rofl:

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
^^What do you mean by all over the place? The only thing i'm posting in this thread is information involving this tower. Well, that was true until now. ;) The reason I made a new thread for this project is so we could "gather" all the information in one place and talk about the project. :rofl: Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about when I said "boom." :lol: Oh god, not Paris. Where the heck did tinkerbell come from? Somebody should slap some sense into her:

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
g-man, re-read my second paragraph above for the "all over the place" explanation ;) As for Paris [Hilton], she is dumber than a brick. The only living being dumber than her is that guy in the video :lol:

·
Deep South Pillsbury
560 Posts
^ Not anymore. She's a changed woman. She says she was only acting dumb! :) She then proclaimed that we should focus on our troops in Iraq. I could only think, "wow, she knows we're in a war?"

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ Not anymore. She's a changed woman. She says she was only acting dumb! :)
I'm sure she's telling the truth. That being the truth is about as likely as Augusta becoming the largest city in the country within 10 years. Oh, now I see what you mean Raleigh-NC. :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts