Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 10.0%
1 - 20 of 3818 Posts

·
Red Hot.
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will handle All International Flights.. the ones are confirmed are Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines Northwest Airlines Japan Airlines Korean Airlines Lufthansa and Air France. But anyways all international flights are to operate here

·
ไทย Amazing Thailand 泰&#2
3,351 Posts
<table cellpadding=4 cellspacing=0 width=98% class="quoteBox">
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by ewh1 </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>It will handle All International Flights.. the ones are confirmed are Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines Northwest Airlines Japan Airlines Korean Airlines Lufthansa and Air France. But anyways all international flights are to operate here</td></tr>
</table>
all int'l flights... so what are they gonna do with the other two terminals? Just domestic flights? and this terminal is connected to the old terminals, right?...hehe many questions.
Btw, it looks nice.:)

·
Red Hot.
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by kiku99 </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top><table cellpadding=4 cellspacing=0 width=98% class="quoteBox">
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by ewh1 </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>It will handle All International Flights.. the ones are confirmed are Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines Northwest Airlines Japan Airlines Korean Airlines Lufthansa and Air France. But anyways all international flights are to operate here</td></tr>
</table>
all int'l flights... so what are they gonna do with the other two terminals? Just domestic flights? and this terminal is connected to the old terminals, right?...hehe many questions.
Btw, it looks nice.:)</td></tr>
</table>

Terminal 3 is the NEW INTERNATIONAL terminal. which means all international flights will operate here

Terminal 2 (opened in 1999) will accomadate all DOMESTIC Operations

Terminal 1 (opened in 1983) will be converted to something else or else.. Demolished. it cannot handle vary many passengers and the Manila Airports has outgrown that amount of space NAIA 1 offers (5 million PAX). there are rumors that it may be converted to a mall or a Cargo facility.

Transportation to the airport will improve more when the LRT 1 extension is completed (construction to start in a few months time) and again will be more efficent when MRT line 3 starts construction to the airport also

·
Member, Winifred Fan Club
2,973 Posts
If terminal 1 will be demolished, then does it make sense for terminal 2 to be called terminal 2 and terminal 3 to be called terminal 3 if there won't be a terminal 1?

Furthermore, there is still the issue of the old domestic terminal (I believe this is where Cebu Pacific and other local carriers fly from). That facility is truly despicable. Maybe they will move those airlines to terminal 1?

Oh and I hope that terminal 3 will be much much larger than terminal 2. Terminal 2 is extremely small and makes sense sizewise for only one carrier (PAL).

·
Red Hot.
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Air Philippines, Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines Domestic, Asian Spirit and Southeast Asian Airlines (SEAir) will all be operating in Terminal 2. The old domestic terminals will be Demolished! (yay:D )

Terminal 3 is a very long airport... it is about 1.6km Long!!

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
this is exactly what i saw when i passed it by during my Manila visit last January.

i heard NAIA1 might be converted to something like a cargo terminal since NAIA3 doesn't have cargo facilities.. and also PAL doesn't want to move to NAIA3, it wants to stick to NAIA2. If that does happen, the domestic will have to move to NAIA1.. i hope if the int'l flights transfer to NAIA3, and domestic to 1, then they renovate the place coz the place needs a makeover!

hopefully they open the place before i go visit Manila again.. that was i was saying 4 months ago.. fingers crossed

·
Registered non-User
7,356 Posts
i heard that the old domestic terminal will be either demolished or turned back into hangers like it used to be...

Terminal 2 will be purely domestic, cebu pacific, PAL, air philippines, etc will operate there.

Terminal 3 will be international, including PAL's international flights.

There is also supposed to be a monorail that is to be built connecting Terminal 2 and 3. It is supposed to go under the secondary runway. I dont know whether they will still build it, but i sure hope so, and soon! There is also a underground road connection, proposed.

Terminal 3 is so much bigger than NAIA 2. Ideal for international flights. The areas around NAIA 3 have been improved and re-developed, ready for the airport's opening. I sure hope they open it soon. I heard that Arroyo wants to use the new airport before her trip to Germany in August, so expect it's opening before that.

I have a couple of pics of the other side of NAIA 3 (taken march 2003), but it's at home and my net is busted.

·
Premium Member
38,001 Posts
The glass curtain wall and the roof is sooo nice!! Who is the Architect?

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
here are some more facts about it
Facts at a glance

US$ 500 million facility
13 million passenger annually
1.1 kilometers building structure from end to end
65-hectare site
20,000-sqm shopping center
140 check-in counters
118 immigration counters
40 customs counter
9 moving walkways
2,000-car covered car park
1,200-car outdoor car park

Facilities

4-storey shopping mall
Duty free shops
Conference facilities
Food Court
Ecumenical chapel
Infra-Support Facilities

NAIA Expressway
Surface Road Improvement
Fuel Farm
Terminal 2 and 3 surface connection
Monorail connection
80 Megawalt Meralco Electric Power Substation
---------------------------------------------------------

the architect, sorry, i have no idea :(

·
helter skelter
1,771 Posts
the new terminal looks neat. cool. i hope they'd be able to keep it clean.

13 million passengers? great. it will bring more business=more demand for new scrapers + more travelers=much better sites, cleaner places, mroe construction of facilities =better photogpraphy= more post in ssc= more active threads...

·
Registered non-User
7,356 Posts
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by weirdo </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>the new terminal looks neat. cool. i hope they'd be able to keep it clean.

13 million passengers? great. it will bring more business=more demand for new scrapers + more travelers=much better sites, cleaner places, mroe construction of facilities =better photogpraphy= more post in ssc= more active threads...</td></tr>
</table>

hahaha, lol. didnt u get that =, = style from me:D nice though, makes perfect sense:eek:kay:

1 - 20 of 3818 Posts