Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Entrepreneur
5,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2DAY IN BRISTOL 2.0 - TEN YEARS ON

The Place at the Bridge

Good evening friends. It's been a little while, approximately a year in fact, since my last update. More incredibly, it has been an even longer TEN YEARS since I first started 2DAY IN BRISTOL, the original, back in May 2008.

In celebration of this anniversary, I have decided to start a sequel thread to the original, not least because I felt a fresh start was necessary as my photography has changed considerably over the last ten years, but also because Photobucket has really botched itself and I have since withdrawn my membership. Therefore most images in the old thread may not show themselves properly. I've since progressed to Imageshack as preliminary photo host (although I welcome recommendations on other places if there are better).

I thank you all for amazing support and continued comments/chat in the previous thread and look forward to chatting with you all here, as well as catching up on other threads. I will of course endeavour to update as regularly as time allows. A very busy year has involved me juggling various entrepreneurial interests with a masters degree in urban planning, which has now ended, so I hope more time can be devoted to showing you all the wonderful city that is Bristol.

Bristol Mike

·
Entrepreneur
5,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
INTRODUCTION

Assortment of 2017 Photos​

This thread begins with a display of some of last year's photos that never made it into the old thread but which I consider worth sharing, a number of them taken during the autumn. The next post will begin up to date photos taken from April 2018. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
What a beautiful city!

Reactions: Bristol Mike

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Welcome back, Mike! Lots of lovely snatched glimpses from the streets of Bristol. I'll be visiting myself in August, and will be based up at Clifton. Really looking forward to it.

Enjoy!! Some things you must do: climb up Cabot tower for sensational views, take a boat ride along the harbour from Temple Meads to Cumberland Basin, have a pint in the White Lion pub by the suspension bridge, also take a walk along Gloucester road (starting in Stokes Croft)

·
Entrepreneur
5,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a beautiful city!
Thanks! :)

Welcome back, Mike! Lots of lovely snatched glimpses from the streets of Bristol. I'll be visiting myself in August, and will be based up at Clifton. Really looking forward to it.
Thanks Jane! You'll have a lovely time. How long are you staying for?

·
Entrepreneur
5,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a couple of days....but I'll be doing a lot of walking and sightseeing in that time.
I'm sure! Fingers crossed the weather will oblige. You'll no doubt cover a lot of ground in that time. :)

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Lovely as always and well-composed photos and these two are my favorites -
one can just come out with adjectives that can describe them by just looking at them... :eek:kay::eek:kay::eek:kay:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
AMSTERDAM EAT YOUR HEART OUT!

Reactions: Bristol Mike
1 - 20 of 107 Posts