SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ssiguy2 said:
Looks like a handsome buiding, not another horrible glass box of CityPlace.
I think it will end up like the Woodsworth U of T residences @ St.george and Bloor. Still is boxy, but I like the nice modern lines and the different glass colours.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I like the little infil in the Entertainment District...problem is, all these condos will mean more people complaining about the Entertainment District being to much of a "party" area. I see trouble...DANGER.....GREAT DANGER!!

(sorry, just doing my Cassandra bit)

KGB

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Render anyone?

Posted by boiler2000 @ UT.

The base looks a bit bulky and the tower looks too slabby. But I think it looks alright. It continues with the standard Toronto look of boxy glass condos.

PS: I quite like the pattern created by the balconies. :D

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Yea...I think once a lot of these similar buildings actually get built and start affecting the general public in terms of what the new standard will be, we are going to see even more of this....not to sound like that's a bad thing at all. Mozo seemed to spark something, even though some similar stuff had already been built...I think it's just gaining momentum...once Spire, Radio City, 18 Yorkville, a lot of the smaller buildings, Murano, etc, etc...I think it's going to become the norm, and we can kiss things like The Bellagio goodbye (and good ridenz).

Actually, all you have to do is take a look at the Charlotte...directly across the street from this project....nothing stands out about it at all...but does it not fit into that area so bloody well?? it's so well intigrated, you don't even notice it amongst all those old commercial buildings of the fashion District era.

KGB

·
Registered
317 Posts
Weird. I tried to go to the Urban Toronto site, but couldn't. I tried to log into ezboard, but the page wouldn't open. Anyone having similar problems? Were they hacked?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bizorky said:
Weird. I tried to go to the Urban Toronto site, but couldn't. I tried to log into ezboard, but the page wouldn't open. Anyone having similar problems? Were they hacked?
Nope mine works okay. I always stay logged in.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KGB said:
Yea...I think once a lot of these similar buildings actually get built and start affecting the general public in terms of what the new standard will be, we are going to see even more of this....not to sound like that's a bad thing at all. Mozo seemed to spark something, even though some similar stuff had already been built...I think it's just gaining momentum...once Spire, Radio City, 18 Yorkville, a lot of the smaller buildings, Murano, etc, etc...I think it's going to become the norm, and we can kiss things like The Bellagio goodbye (and good ridenz).

Actually, all you have to do is take a look at the Charlotte...directly across the street from this project....nothing stands out about it at all...but does it not fit into that area so bloody well?? it's so well intigrated, you don't even notice it amongst all those old commercial buildings of the fashion District era.

KGB
Agreed KGB,
I'm glad that Toronto's condos will have it's own identity when not every condo tower looks like a Vancouver point tower. And people might forget about Toronto being mostly concrete slabs and is now full of glass slabs. And I think The Charlotte is a very nice addition for the Fashion District, it blends in with the area very well and I think the yellow brick will age well with the older buildings.

BTW: KGB, have you seen the finished product of King's Court @ King and Sherbourne. It's just like MoZo but with more brick: http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=100264

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
"when not every condo tower looks like a Vancouver point tower."

I think something as completely unoticeable like the Charlotte is much better than anything at the Railway lands. The fact you don't even notice it is why it's so brilliant. What a breakthrough...you don't have to design a building that screams out to be successful. Mind you, it does have the advantage of being where it is, rather than the old railway lands.

"have you seen the finished product of King's Court @ King and Sherbourne. It's just like MoZo but with more brick"

Seen it a lot, all through the construction. I don't think it's anything like Mozo at all...Mozo hits certain marks that king's Court just doesn't. I actually like it for what it is though...I still think it gives to the intersection quite well...the worse thing would be two Mozo-type buildings.

KGB

1 - 20 of 28 Posts