SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 800 Posts

·
Olde Guard
1,806 Posts
Prime spot...wish it was an office and not another point tower...but really i think we are getting spoiled when a 58 story tower is not good enough lmao. Got to love Toronto!

·
41,692 Posts
Damn, I was hoping it was offices.
Yes, I was keeping my fingers crossed for an office tower here too. A major office tower would expand the central CBD west and create a more vibrant street. Something on the lines of Bloor-Yorkville works very well: condos, office towers, retail.

The condo towers on Front West feature pokey little retail spaces at their bases. 20 foot ceiling heights at street level and consideration given to the possibility of attracting a Loblaws, Canadian Tire, or even a department store 30 years down the road should have been required.

We don't need more condos here if this is how they are going to be built.

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
I'm just concerned about whether Tridel can pull off something that big.
The largest highrise condo developer in the city that has sold more million plus dollar condos than all others combined?!?

or are you refering tobout architecture which they have been improving upon but still lag behind those at the top - I say that this partnership can only be good for Toronto (as in Raffles will set the mood)

·
I See Skyscrapers
2,083 Posts
The largest highrise condo developer in the city that has sold more million plus dollar condos than all others combined?!?

or are you refering tobout architecture which they have been improving upon but still lag behind those at the top - I say that this partnership can only be good for Toronto (as in Raffles will set the mood)
Yes, it's the quality I'm concerned about, not their resources. I'm just not sure they can pull off something great.

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
I knew what you meant and I'd be surprised if Tridel settles for another Burka or Rafael etc given how long its been since we first heard that they were looking for a signature project (think it was even VofE two or three years ago)

1 - 20 of 800 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.