Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 800 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

Developer: Tridel
49 storeys

Northern Light at UT has posted: "In this morning's Toronto Star, the city has a statutory notice for an application for a 58-storey tower at Front and John (Condo)."

This would be on the NW corner.....no further details yet.........

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this by Andrew3D....note its location, right next to the hydro substation....dunno if that's good or not....

·
deliveryguy
13 Posts
300 Front proposal

I bet CBC will fight this on the grounds that a building that tall and close will disrupt all those satellite dishes on the roof of CBC.

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
I bet CBC will fight this on the grounds that a building that tall and close will disrupt all those satellite dishes on the roof of CBC.
Well Ritz is 51 stories and right beside the CBC - even closer than this one.

·
Olde Guard
1,806 Posts
Prime spot...wish it was an office and not another point tower...but really i think we are getting spoiled when a 58 story tower is not good enough lmao. Got to love Toronto!

·
39,237 Posts
Damn, I was hoping it was offices.
Yes, I was keeping my fingers crossed for an office tower here too. A major office tower would expand the central CBD west and create a more vibrant street. Something on the lines of Bloor-Yorkville works very well: condos, office towers, retail.

The condo towers on Front West feature pokey little retail spaces at their bases. 20 foot ceiling heights at street level and consideration given to the possibility of attracting a Loblaws, Canadian Tire, or even a department store 30 years down the road should have been required.

We don't need more condos here if this is how they are going to be built.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I actually worked on a proposal for that site a few years ago... it was nothing special and I don't think it got very far. Just some unremarkable residential towers.

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
I'm just concerned about whether Tridel can pull off something that big.
The largest highrise condo developer in the city that has sold more million plus dollar condos than all others combined?!?

or are you refering tobout architecture which they have been improving upon but still lag behind those at the top - I say that this partnership can only be good for Toronto (as in Raffles will set the mood)

·
I See Skyscrapers
2,083 Posts
The largest highrise condo developer in the city that has sold more million plus dollar condos than all others combined?!?

or are you refering tobout architecture which they have been improving upon but still lag behind those at the top - I say that this partnership can only be good for Toronto (as in Raffles will set the mood)
Yes, it's the quality I'm concerned about, not their resources. I'm just not sure they can pull off something great.

·
The Greatest
4,515 Posts
I knew what you meant and I'd be surprised if Tridel settles for another Burka or Rafael etc given how long its been since we first heard that they were looking for a signature project (think it was even VofE two or three years ago)

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
Well all signs point to this being their flagship along with Raflles! Can't wait to hear more news on this (reminds me of the ecstacy I felt when the Shangri-La rumours came about!)

1 - 20 of 800 Posts